Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X79 EXTREME4 first run & Windows 7 / 64 install failure

Help me, please !

I just constructed a new PC based on the X79 E4, with: 16 GB quad channels, i7-3820, Gainward GTX860, 2x 10000 Western VelociRaptor, 1x LITEON iHES112 and I have the following 2 problems.

Since the very 1st start, I have the error message: "1394 GUID are invalid in both CMOS and Flash" (X79 2 digits display has the code "A2"). Then, when I try to run the installation of Windows 7, everthing goes well until I can read "Starting Windows" and then, the screen turn black and the system is hanged forever. The X79 2 digits display is unlit at that moment.

Nothing changed after I:
    - Flashed successfully the last BIOS version (file: x79ex42.00)
    - Tried to remove 8 GB of RAM
    - Tried to remove each and both hard disk
    - Tried to use IDE mode

Many thank in forward for any help !

ACS

Re: X79 EXTREME4 first run & Windows 7 / 64 install failure

Try disabling onboard 1394. Send ASRock a support ticket of the problem, they use to have a tool to correct the corrupt GUID table on the chip.

Clear CMOS, set BIOS to default, disable 1394, set intel Sata 2 to AHCI, or RAID ( better then ASMedia ) create array, start OS, load RAID driver.

If the Raptors are not new, then get WD utility and clean the drives (erase) do not use windows format as a means.If they are used I would also run
    Data Lifeguard Diagnostic.
    Last edited by odiebugs; 07-20-2012, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Re: X79 EXTREME4 first run & Windows 7 / 64 install failure

Thousand thanks for all these advises !

Will try all this and report back here in any cases, so this thread may help more peoples (with the hope these track's will lead me to solution ! I cross my fingers).

EDIT:
      OK, this is my report:
      Cleared CMOS, set BIOS to default, disabled 1394, set intel Sata to AHCI, but I still have the error: "1394 GUID are invalid in both CMOS and Flash" on boot. Now, speaking of the crash of Windows 7 installation, fortunately this was solved (it was due to a small problem on the hardware).

I will send ASRock a support ticket now !
      Thanks again for the help.

ACS
      Last edited by ACSoft; 07-21-2012, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X