Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASROCK Gameblaster soundcard not detected

Hi All,

I just purchased X79 setup which included I7 I73820 and X79 Extreme 9 mobo . I assembled it today but problem i am facing is the sound-card is not getting detected when isntalling the drivers .

It comes up with an error message that supported device not found. It is installed on PCIE3 slot as mentioned in the manual and red light light on the card also lights up but still doenst get detected.

I dint isntall the drivers from cd but downloaded it from net and tried installing but still the same error message. Also disabled the onboard hd sound but still the same thing.

Also would like to mentioned that earlier i was using the Essenxe STX sound card and i never reinstalled the OS after i got this new setup , using the same .

Is there any possibility that should try reinstalling os and then see if it works or not , apart from this do we have any other solution.

Please help.

Re: ASROCK Gameblaster soundcard not detected

I am also facing the same problem . Someone please help on this isue .

Comment

You did not provide much information to help anyone diagnose your problem. Specifically you need to tell us what cards/devices are installed in the computer (there may be known conflicts), you need to tell us what OS you are running, and you need to tell us what driver you tried to install. You do mention that you have an extreme 9, but then say you "disabled the onboard hd sound". The problem here is that the Extreme 9 does not have onboard sound at all, so what did you disable and where?

I have built an extreme 9 with a i7-3820 using the GB card, and have not had any trouble with a clean Win7-64 install. Both the drivers provided on the CD and the more recent (27 April 2012) drivers avaliable from the ASRock web site were able to succesfully detect and support the sound device.

Comment

Hey .. i only have a hold hd4850 video card installed on to the system nuthing else . When i went inside the bios there was something like hd audio which i disabled it .

Running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit OS and drivers which i tried installing was downloaded from ASROCK website which is GameBlaster_Win7-64_Win7_Vista64_Vista(v6.0.100.3004_WHQL) .

Let me know if any further details is required.

Originally posted by aarizzi View Post
        You did not provide much information to help anyone diagnose your problem. Specifically you need to tell us what cards/devices are installed in the computer (there may be known conflicts), you need to tell us what OS you are running, and you need to tell us what driver you tried to install. You do mention that you have an extreme 9, but then say you "disabled the onboard hd sound". The problem here is that the Extreme 9 does not have onboard sound at all, so what did you disable and where?

I have built an extreme 9 with a i7-3820 using the GB card, and have not had any trouble with a clean Win7-64 install. Both the drivers provided on the CD and the more recent (27 April 2012) drivers avaliable from the ASRock web site were able to succesfully detect and support the sound device.

Comment

I haven't tried doing a fresh installation of Windows OS after i upgraded the system from my old setup I7 920 , ASUS RAMPAGE 3 and it has Xonar Essence STX . I just connected my SSD and the os was loaded .

I just uninstall the Xonar drivers and tried installing the gameblaster one for which it gave me error message supported hardware not found.

Havent tried installing through cd.

Comment

The worst mistake is taking an OS with all its drivers and put it on a different system and loading more drivers.

You do have an onboard audio setting in the BIOS, and when set to auto, it will disable onboard and set the card to work, so you need to set this to AUTO.

Not that the board has onboard, but the BIOS thinks it.

Next, you don't install drivers from anywhere but the MOBO disk, not getting into version/hardware differences, but you install the drivers from the disk, these are tested working, then if you want to go with newer one's that you think are for the same hardware, you download them, and if its only a setup, you extract the setup, you go to devise MGR, and tell it to update drivers and browse to the folder that the drivers are in, this way if the drivers don't match the exact hardware, it won't load them, if they are for the HW, then it will update them.
            Last edited by odiebugs; 07-26-2012, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Hi guys .. i reinstalled the whole os and also loaded th drivers with the cd which came with the mobo but still no luck the error message is the same which says ...hardware not found .

kindly suggest what needs to be done next...

Comment

Hi all , Awaiting you response for the same , should i give my card for RMA please let me know.

Comment

i have already done that but still the same error i get

Comment

Dear all,

We didn't see the symptom on our side.

Please kindly load BIOS default settings and then re-install install audio driver from below link to try.
                    Link: ASRock > Products > X79 Extreme9

Thanks for your e-mail.

Have a nice day
                    ASRock TSD
                    Emily

Comment

Recieved a brand new replacement of Sound Card and Still the same problem ...

im frustrated with this Asrock mobo can anyone help what is going wrong here.. does this sound card needs any power connector to be attached to it

Comment

Can you post details of the sound card
                        Speed is the limit

Comment

hey what kind of sound card details u need.. as this card came with the asrock mobo

Originally posted by Babdi View Post
                          Can you post details of the sound card

Comment

HI all can anyone from ASROCK team help me with this issue . Whats wrong with this . After Sound card replacment the problem still persist . :(

Comment

Sorry for sending UP! this thread.

I have purchased Asrock X79 Extreme 9 mobo. If I unplug my PC from electric energy, I power on my PC and Game blaster is not detected till I power off my PC and power it on again. Restart does not make it work. I have to power on the computer, power it off and again power it on. Then Game Blaster is recognized.

After that, if I unplug the computer from electric energy, I have the same problem. Power on the PC, no Gameblaster. Windows restart, no Gameblaster. Again a Windows restart, no Game Blaster. Power off the PC and power it On, then Gameblaster is recognized.

I have tested this both with Windows 7 Home Premium and Windows 8 Pro. I think its not a OS problem. Mobo does not recognize the Gameblaster if I unplug the computer from electric energy.

Can anybody from Asrock Team help, please?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                              X