Detonator 40.71 drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detonator 40.71 drivers

I've downloaded and installed the new Nvidia 40.71 (beta) drivers.
    When I go into Display Properties and click on the Geforce 2 tab, the menu crashes.
    Has anyone else experienced this, or know of a solution to this problem?
    I'm running a Hercules Prophet 2 64mb GTS on Windows Me.

I had a similiar yet unsimiliar problem. When I installed the Leadtek drivers the menu crashes and I click that tab. However just because the driver your running is "leaked" doesn't exactly mean its final and can still be buggy. Because its a beta that could be the reason why it carshes. Do you get any error message on the crash with some information or does it simply dissapear.

Comment

Theres no error message, it just crashes.
      I've informed Nvidia of the problem, hopefully they will get it sorted in the next release.

Comment

You can never guarantee now whether any driver, be they official or beta's, will work with your particular setup. It's not uncommon now for ppl to have to try several driver versions now before they find 1 that works for them and what works for 1 maybe the biggest piece of garbage going for another. :smokin:
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

ya that's pretty much it.

But to try and find what is causing the problem open the administrive settings and open the event viewer. Do you have any problems related to this in that list?

Comment

i also download it.. but the problem i have is the TV out. i can see the my desttop but if i try play a movie on i do not see the movie all isee is a bleck screen . if i minimiz it i can see my desttop and other thing can some one help me. i even want back to the old ver. and still the some problem now can some one help me :confused:

Comment

did this problem occur before or after you updated the driver.

Comment

after i install. under install it and now it is still the some way

Comment

hmm........I was actually gonna say maybe you have a problem with the TV-out chip itself. err I dunno. You have this problem after completely uninstalling the driver and installing a new one?

Comment

the problem start after when i install 40.71 :confused:

Comment

Hi folks , I downloaded right now the latest nvidia driver , and it seems I have same problem, when I tried to click into the setting tabe system crashed, one question do you think this driver is better than the previous one?? my old driver was the 29.42!! for my opinion is the same!!!

Claudio

Comment

Have ya's tried setting the video card back to a standard PCI VGA card, entering the add/remove programs remove any nVidia entries then run Dentonator Destroyer to remove any residue left behind of the old drivers (and there will be) then either reloading your old drivers or try another version? :?:

Comment

I ran Detonator Destroyer before loading the 40.71 drivers, but it didn't seem to make any difference.
                          I've now removed the 40.71 drivers and loaded the new 30.87 drivers which appear to be working ok.
                          But I'd like to get the 40.71 drivers operational in order to run the NV30 simulation program.

Comment

I don't think that you'll have to wait long for another driver release as these drivers by all reports are more buggy than not so some quick work will be goin' on at nVidia now to get a better version out quick as they usually do when this happens. ;)

Comment

:afro:

I installed the 40.71 (without running detenator destroyer) and everything worked fine except one thing: no tab for tv out!! I have the g4 4200 ti. Went back 2 the 30.8* drivers and works fine. I hope Nvidia knows about this and fixes it in the next update.

Comment

Working...
                              X