rocketboard anyone hav this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocketboard anyone hav this?

long time ago, i went and ordered a free keyboard from rocketboad, it works fine, but for some time now i find the top buttons to be useless and i wonder if anyone have found some way of utilizing them??

Well, Rocketboard's domainname is up for sale, so they are unlikly to be much help. I've not seen this keyboard, but I gather that it is a variation of of what are now called "Internet keyboards". You should have a drivers and utilities disk that came with the keyboard. You will need to have these loaded and run the software to map the key functions to Windows.

Comment

I know that i could use them the way that rocketboard wanted me to, but i was wondering if anyone has found a way to maybe use them to launch other programs, or maybe give specific commands or something like that. Sort of like 3rd button on a mouse you could use to do certain things.

Comment

If you have software for the kb, it should allow you to assign at least some of the keys to the function of your choice.

Comment

well, the disk they sent me was un-readable. Totally messed up. The regular winows-keyboard driver works, but no way to access the other keys.
          i also have read that the software that came with rocketboard would spy on you, and your surfing habbits, so there is another reason not to use it.

I was hoping that someone came up with something like people did for the free scanner that radioshack used to give away.
          thanks anyway.

Comment

That was something completely different. It was a barcode reader. Have you tried creating macros and assigning them to the keys?

Comment

I have no idea how to assign macros to keys. or make macros for that matter.
              The device Manager sees the keyboard as a regular 101/102 ps2 keyboard. so i dont think it even knows that there are extra keys.

Comment

Here's a link to a freeware app that may help you do what you want to do. It may not recognise the extra keys, but it should allow you to assign shortcut keys and create macros for a lot of things.

Comment

Working...
                X