audigy issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• audigy issues

I am currently running xp pro with an epox 8kha+ mb. My onboard audio is disabled. I installed my Creative labs audigy mp3+ card and now I have major issues with my dsl router. The router is connected to a netgear network card. I simply cannot connect to the internet via the network card. The Audigy sound card has a firewire adapter onboard and I believe that it is some how interferring with the proper operation of my netgear ethernet card. The problem occurs as soon as I load the drivers from the installation disk. I am asked to register on line.( that works fine). Then the drivers load and I cannot access the internet. I believe that the fire wire adapter and the Ethernet card are fighting for control of the dsl router. How can I resolve this conflict? Any suggestions out there?

I went into network properties and disabled the Firewire network conection, as in pic.

Comment

I disabled my firewire and no/go. Same thing. I no longer have my Ip address and I cannot pull another. All of my other info is blank or incorrect. I can get on the internet if I uninstall my ethernet card and reinstall the driver. Then I must open up a new network connection. As soon As I reboot I am back where I started. This is with the firewire disabled. I have heard that The audigy can be picky on which pci slot you install it in. Maybe I will try that tomarrow. I have been at this for 5 hrs and nothing will resolve the issue.
      Another wierd thing. I sent out a ping and all of my packets leave here but I have 100 percent packet loss. I may have to connect this router via usb port. It will be a little slower but it should work, I think.

Comment

The only thing I can think of that re-booting should be able to change is that Windows may assign recources differently via plug&play. Changing slots may help that. If you are swapping cards, remember that most nics prefer a bus-mastering slot to work properly. You mobo manual should tell you whether any of them are not.

Comment

Hmm, I have never heard of a bus mastering pci slot. I have read that Soyo boards require the Audigy sound card be placed in the last pci slot. I have an epox 8kha+ mobo and I have never seen anything refer to a busmastering pci slot. I will check. Probably have to try them one at a time. I do think you are right about the plug and play assignment. both of the adapters are refered to as #2 network adapter. When I unplug my router from the ethernet I get a message that says #3 adapter unplugged. What does that mean. It may be that all the tweaking I have done has made things worse. I also have my 2000xp running with the core voltage up a little and my ram is running at turbo setting and the voltage up alot. It benches good and runs good. Could this be a contributer?

Comment

How is it that your router is listed as a network adapter? Are you looking in device manager or network connections? Here's a link to info on bus-mastering:

Bus mastering is a bus design that allows an expansion card (or plug-in board) to access the computer's memory independently of the CPU. This allows data tr...

Comment

It is now a resolved issue. Reloaded xp and installed the audigy sound card first, restarted installed the ethernet card. It works flawlessly now. I did move the ethernet card to the 5th pci slot. I don't know if that is why it works now or not.
              I also installed a volcanoe 7+ heatsink today too. Wow, what a temp difference. from 52 to 40 C. That is just on the medium setting. Thanx for your help.

Comment

Yes those Volcano 7+'s are very good value. :thumb:

Comment

Working...
                X