Cooling should be fine right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooling should be fine right?

Ok my new comp is going to have 5 Thermaltake A1214 fans (Smart fan 2's) 3 intake-2 outtake. A TT-900 hard drive cooler (moves 75cfm's). With a Volcano 7+ on the CPU. Should this be enough to keep it nice and cool?

Well ya should think that it would. I've got the Antec PP 1080B AMG case with all the standard Antec fans in place but I fitted 3 SMART II fans into the 2 front fan placements and a top blowhole which with gives me 185cfm into the case and 178cfm out at full fan speeds which should keep almost anything cool. Now if only that motherboard would show up so I can fire it up. :devil:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

At least a 7 on the Beaufort scale.

Comment

:laugh: :laugh:

Comment

Yeah lol. I think it will start floating. It's going to have around 350CFM's going through it if all the fans are maxed out. I wanted to buy the Smart Fan 2's (which yould make the max around: 450CFM's) but they were sold out over at www.directron.com. They were only $10 :cry:.

Comment

I should correct my first post. I am getting the Smart fan (Not the 2). They are the silver ones. Like I said ^^^ the Smart fan 2's are sold out :cry:.

Comment

The standard UNEEC cases (that these cases are based on) have excellent cooling with just 4 x 50cfm Sunons in the standard front and back locations. ;)
              <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Alrighty then. Sounds good to me :).

Comment

We're just workin' on the "overkill" side of things. ;)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Comment

Hell yeah, why not? Got to get those bragging rights...

Comment

The wind scale is missing the "Final" level...the Swiftech MCX462 level.....small children and animals pinned against walls (if they survive) and weak limbs ripped from the body.

Comment

lol old bugger, are those the types of fans that you have or are they just powerful fans? The Smart fan 1 moves 55cfm's while the smart fan 2's can move 75cfm's :eek:.

Comment

I got one of the last Swiftechs to go out with the Delta 65cfm fans......its not that noisy really given its power....but it sure gets the air moving around the processor.....and its in the LianLi case with all the extra fanage anyway.....its been handling a 1333 @ 1537 for 12 months now and never gets above 40c. Actually the other Swiftech (MCXC370) is far noisier with the Papst fan for some reason.

Comment

Aaaah ok. Cool. I like Lian Li cases but they can get on the pricey side. The Chenming I am getting has really good cooling on it :).

Comment

Working...
                            X