My first Case Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Case Mod

Well I said I would posts pic(s) of my case once I finished modding it, so here goes a preliminary pic of the mod since I havent recieved all the stuff yet, I might as well give you the background on it to. Beware, the Pic does suck, because my camera is an absolute piece of **** *$30 Kmart special*

Its a work in progress right now because the window kit I got from compusa sucked, so Im doing a custom window job right now, but I have to wait for the trim to arrive so I can do it properly, as of right now my window is SARAN WRAP. It may be ghetto but it works.

I also added rounded ide cables, I'm currently using a ribbon floppy cable because the one I recieved was about a quarter of an inch too short. Yes, that pissed me off.

I currently only have one blue cold cathode installed due to the fact I haven't figured out where to put the second one.

Not bad at all. :thumb:

Comment

Needs a splash of paint :geek:

Comment

Good job there :thumb:

Comment

Yea!! I'm finished, It turns out the second cold cathode didn't work, so I just returned it to Compusa *should have gotten both cold cathodes online*.

Comment

Shall I recommending mounting the light in a vertical position? Near the back of the case so that the drive cages don't block it. It seems to light the case up more when mounted vertically then horizontally. Although if it falls off its mounting it has a long drop when vertically then when horizontal. But that's not likely and is well worth the risk.

other then that. Great job. How does it feel? Money well spent? Or wasted? If you feel wasted just wait till you go to a lan party or a small one I should say where your the only one modded. You'll feel great when your the only one with a honda. and youg et all the "ooo's and ahh's" lol

Comment

Honda??? Thats funny, even though I hate honda's ill gladly take one over the pos I have now......1991 Ford Taurus, HEY IT WAS FREE!!! And I'm 16!!!

It was money well spent, its something to be proud of.

Comment

HEY DON"T MAKE FUN OF THOSE TAURUSES!!! I'm only 17 and I have a 92 ford taurus!!! Its not a POS ITS a race car in disguise!!

As for honda I was only saying that casue adding a window and lights to your case adds MHz like adding stickers and lights to a honda adds HP. I'm a camaro man so don't think I'm one of those ricing people driving around a 4 cylinder with a rediculous wing and street scraping ground effects. Raving ooooo I have 900HP made off 15 thousand dollars worth of steroids and fake power from my little tiny squeeking 4 cylinder. I pull up with a V8 under the hood of a Camaro SS. and well....the story ends right there.

Comment

Hey, I like those Tauri, they are definanlty race cars in disguise, expcept this one, its DECREPID, it only has 82k miles but the engine is about ready to blow up on it.

My "OLD" Taurus, 1997 SHO V8 with 320hp *hell yes I modified it*, could EASILY smoke most rice burners, I got it up to 144mph once. But it met an unfourtanate end with a drunk driver in an F-250. I only had it for 2 months too, that PISSED ME OFF!!!, but I pocketed more insurrance money than the car was worth and I just got a handmedown car from my brother.

Comment

dude a collision with an F-250? YIPES! But ya when my friend "borrows" the Camaro SS from his uncle we usually smoke rice burners. lol That is so much fun. If you look in the BG under cars and expand it to show threads from back in the day look for Camaro SS with WS6. The WS6 is someone that is a maanger at some restauraunt in that area. And well the Camaro SS is my friends uncles car that smokes ricers lol. WITH ME IN IT! lol God that is sooooo much fun in that car. The highest I was ever in the Camaro SS was like 115. but eh.

Comment

Ok is this a car thread now? Anyway, nice job on the mod. How do you make the hole in the side? I mean like with what piece of equipment?

Comment

lol funny how conversations just change.

To cut the whole in my case I used the led wheel I think it was on my dads dremel. Its figerglass reinforced WEAR GOGGLES SPARKS FLY EVERYWHERE!!! lol

Comment

Well yeah I kinda figured there would be tons of sparks. So you can actually use a Dremel? How did you stableize the case? Or panel or whatever?

Comment

Since Dremels are over rated and weak, I busted out the drill and made a starter hole, and then i cut out the window with a Jig Saw. In under 20 minutes I had a complete hole.

Comment

Aaah now we are talking. Bust out the power. I think my bro has a jig saw....

Comment

Working...
                              X