Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - Q260956

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - Q260956

After SP1 , my system reboots all of the sudden when surfing the net. I disable the auto reboot function from msconfig and this is what I get:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

***STOP:0X000000D1 (0X000000578,0X00000002,0X0000
    0001,0XF2C5EC1C
    TCPIP.SYS-ADRESS F2C5EC1C
    BASE AT F2C52000,DATESTAMP 3D6DE222

I found the error is posted in :

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - Q260956

When a TCP/IP network connection is programmatically disassociated or removed when a receive operation is in progress, your computer may stop responding (hang) and display the following error message on a blue screen:

STOP: 0x000000D1 (0xFF8BA000,0x00000002,0x00000
    001,0xF3AAA40E)
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

can someone help me with this?? Thanks!
    HP Pavilion t720m
    Audigy ZS
    Geforce 5600 Ultra
    2x 80 GIG external drives
    Cable Modem

From all the stuff I've seen on this issue, it is usually a driver problem. Sp1 either handles one of your drivers differently, or loaded a Windows driver that something in your system doesn't like. I would suggest trying to find the latest drivers for all of your hardware (including mobo) and installing them. There is also a small chance that a bios upgrade might fix the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjackusa
      From all the stuff I've seen on this issue, it is usually a driver problem. Sp1 either handles one of your drivers differently, or loaded a Windows driver that something in your system doesn't like. I would suggest trying to find the latest drivers for all of your hardware (including mobo) and installing them. There is also a small chance that a bios upgrade might fix the problem.

I got the latest BIOS and drivers for all y devices as well as all the patches from M$. Any more ideas?
      HP Pavilion t720m
      Audigy ZS
      Geforce 5600 Ultra
      Cable Modem

Comment

Have you got onboard LAN, or a NIC?

Comment

Only one more idea. Does the "advanced" section of your bios have a section called "APIC"? If it does, try enabling it if it is disabled. If you want some really technical info on the error, do a Google search on IRQL.

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy
            Have you got onboard LAN, or a NIC?
            I got a realtek 10/100 ethernet
            HP Pavilion t720m
            Audigy ZS
            Geforce 5600 Ultra
            Cable Modem

Comment

This may or may not make a difference, but is it accually a Realtek card, or is that just what Windows decided to load drivers for and report in Device manager?

Comment

Originally posted by bigjackusa
                This may or may not make a difference, but is it accually a Realtek card, or is that just what Windows decided to load drivers for and report in Device manager?
                windows did it...I don't have a clue what it is....some generic stuff.

I google searched IRQL and it says it has to do with the processor CPU interrupts...any more ideas?
                HP Pavilion t720m
                Audigy ZS
                Geforce 5600 Ultra
                Cable Modem

Comment

There is sort of a cast system for the hardware in your machine. The drivers have a priority interupt value assigned to them. Drivers that are lower on the cast system aren't allowed to interupt processes started by those with higher prioritiy values. When a low one interupts a high one, it generates an IRQL error.

Comment

I see. I will run msconfig again and reset evrything to default I guess that will help. ...?? thank you for your help bigjackusa
                    HP Pavilion t720m
                    Audigy ZS
                    Geforce 5600 Ultra
                    Cable Modem

Comment

I haven't installed SP1 yet (From all of the posts, it sounds a little buggy), So I am not sure of all of the things it might change. Is xp now set to auto update Windows? Maybe that is making an illegal call? SP1 seems to have caused a lot of people problems with hardware. Sorry I couldn't offer more precise help from here.

Comment

Working...
                      X