HP cd riter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP cd riter

DAng cdrom ain't seeing the cd? HP8200-1, Win98.
    The burner works on me old puter, a pent 300, but not on this new AMD 1gigger! Tried both roxio, then Nero software! nuttin BTW no splats in deviceman

How have you got it and other drives connected to the IDE channels? (masters, slaves, primary channel, secondary channel, etc) Does the BIOS see the drive? :?:

Comment

sure it's attached correctly, windows sees the thang.

Comment

That's very strange but the only other thing that I can think of is that if the drive is old enough that it maybe having problems coming to terms with the faster IDE channels (I've seen it happen with a few HDD's). :confused:

Comment

I'm thinkin' it's something in the registry from loading two diff burning software. I'll shove this burner back into the ol' 233 pent & see if it still works there in the morn............ :mad:

Comment

If it still does work, unistall both software and reinstall Nero (Roxio is known for issues with XP and you may have the do a registry repair or if you have System Restore setup, though some info maybe lost, go back to a time before you installed them) as that may work. ;)

Comment

HP may have software for installing that with XP. Have you checked their site?

if that's a hp cd-writer plus internal 8200i drive - try this link

http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/softwar...0XP&sw_lang=en
              The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

I know ya mean well guys but I'm not in winxp forum, this is OTHER & like me first post "DAng cdrom ain't seeing the cd? HP8200-1, Win98"
                Taking donations tho for winxp now;)

Comment

So, did it work in the old system? What os on the old system? Does it fail to see any cds or just blank ones? Is DMA enabled on the 98 system? Are there any recource conflicts in device manager?

Comment

Yes it worked in the ol' box, if it nad not I sure wouln't put it in a new one:( Us americans are this way ya no!
                    Again no splats in deviceman. I'm breakin' away now ta re-install in ol' pent 233 box

Comment

"I'm thinkin' it's something in the registry from loading two diff burning software. I'll shove this burner back into the ol'
                      233 pent & see if it still works there in the morn............"

That's what I was referring to. I thought you had already tried AGAIN in the old box Yank. Glance at my location if you will.

Comment

Re: HP cd riter

Always begin talks with the statement, the mutually desired result. This simple action will put aside personal goals and the attention to the WOW Gold at hand. Show how your skills, products or services to achieve the stated objectives. If you speak from experience, people tend to support your efforts and respect your point of Buy WOW Gold. You have the ability to communicate information about your unique perspective to WOW Gold sale. In our competitive, knowledge-based economy, are your skills and knowledge are the key, you need the RuneScape Gold Power Level. Sharing your fact based, insightful ideas, even if they are contrary to prevailing beliefs, you'll become an indispensable part of a team.

Comment

Re: HP cd riter

Do you have the current burner software installed. ( To be downloaded in HP's support site?)

Comment

Working...
                          X