[Asrock 970 Extreme4] Problem connecting SPDIF to Videocard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Asrock 970 Extreme4] Problem connecting SPDIF to Videocard

Today i've connected my HDTV to my Videocard(Geforce 9600GT). The video works brilliantly however i cant select my HDMI output as a sound device. I have connected my videocard to my mobo(970 extreme4) via SPDIF. My computer somehow doesnt recognize this. Ive tried to connect the cable the other way around but still my pc wont recognize it. Is the connector/cable broken?! Or is it a driver problem? Any help considering this problem would be very highly appreciated.

Regards

Re: [Asrock 970 Extreme4] Problem connecting SPDIF to Videocard

When you say you cannot select the HDMI output as a sound device, do you mean in the Windows "Sound" feature in Control Panel? What do you see in Device Manager in Sound, video, and game controllers?

Are you seeing an output device in the NVIDIA Control Panel, under Set Up Digital Audio?

Comment

Yes, i mean in the Windows sound feature(i have also turned on show disabled devices in this window). In devicemanager it only shows my onboard Audio and my connected USB headset.

In the NVIDIA Control Panel in Set up digital audio it shows up as DVI(2) where i can select a screen to forward this to(My TV)

Comment

I dont believe you select hdmi as output. That 9600GT's spdif is just a passthrough from your motherboard to your video card and then subsequently out to your HDTV via HDMI
        You may need to set your on-board audio to output to SPDIF(digital out)

Syn

Comment

Working...
        X