Unlocking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlocking?

I just upgraded to a athlon xp 1600 on a soyo kt333 platinum motherboard with high hopes of overclocking. My main two questions are 1) how high can the temp. get before it becomes unstable. 2) what exactly is unlocking, why is it important?..

also I'm having trouble finding any overclocking instructions for the soyo kt333 platinum. I remember back in the day you could download files that show exactly all the freqs. and voltages to use but I can no longer find these for such a popular board... can somebody please help me? :confused:

You have to "unlock" your cpu but crossing the bridges before you can change the multiplyer.
    You can just oc using the FSB though.
    The lower the better, mine runs 31 load, but i have good cooling, my friends run thiers in the 50's fine

Comment

Yes don't worry about unlockin' the CPU just yet and see how ya go by just using the FSB alone to start with plus I like not to exceed 50c with AMD setups. ;)
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I agree, i should have my volcano in town by now, still trying to achive in the 20's in warm to hot weather (now it's not winter)

Comment

That's a 7+ I hope? :D

Comment

PHFT!!!
            of course
            It was that or SKL-800 with Delta 80cfm fan.
            Bank balance said Volcano 7+

Comment

lol yeah so did my balance.

I have seen sticker like things with conductive strips on them. All you have to do is line up the strips with the bridges and viola it's unlocked. Although I think they were like $20 or so. Anyway I will keep an eye out if I see them again...

Comment

Watch out for those but as their failure to contact properly is high. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
                  Watch out for those but as their failure to contact properly is high. ;)

Good point wiggo, I will see if I can find a review or two on them to see what people that have used them say...

Comment

There is a HEAP of guides for unlocking out there
                    If you cant find one somethings not right.
                    But make sure you get a XP one, for they are slighty different

Comment

Yes and the Thoroughbred's and Thoroughbred B's are entiely different again and I'm still waiting for the proper combinations to show up yet. :devil:

Here's the best Palamino details for unlocking, http://www.ocinside.de/html/workshop..._painting.html and here is probably the best for you way to do it, http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...ew&dId=203 ;)

Comment

Most of the guides you read say connect the L1 bridges, but it has been confirmed over here

"I have found thru my own evaluations and OPPAINTER will concur... that testing of the 5 L1 bridges with a multimeter conclusively shows those bridges are indeed connected and don't need the traditional pencil or conductive ink/rear defogger kit treatment. They all show continuity .

So are all the guides wrong?
                        Seems little sense connecting whats already done.

Comment

Here ya go, Palaminoes here and Thoroughbreds here. ;)

Comment

You have too many resources there wiggo. Anyway what would we do without you...? :?:

Comment

I'm sure that someone else could fill in. :p

1 bridge for the Thoroughbred is easy though

Comment

Working...
                              X