Fall Clean UP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall Clean UP

Well tonight i did some fall cleaning with my system...and compressed air blew dust on the components. Took out my Volcano 7+ fan cover and took off the layer of dust...(thick stuff no wonder my temps were getting higher) air wouldn't get through the thin fins. I also added filters to all my intake fans...to prevent any dust build up on the components.

I know the thread is useless but i thought i would share this with you guys....BTW my temps are 5 degrees lower...which is great....(i replaced my ASIII TIM with a new coat of it.)
    - Damien

Yes I've got to get into the misus' PC soon and do that but I've got to pull the PSU to get to the bloody HSF clip. :mad:

I'll add a couple of fans to it while I'm at it;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

ya compressed air works wonders. I don't have any intake filters on my system what so ever. I feel it blocks to much air. In fact I even took the grills off the inside part of the fans (to prevent wires from getting cut up) cuase it blocked to much airflow. Its quite risky especially when I remove the side panel and I hear the sound of a baseball card in the spoke of a bike. But in my opinion its worth it. Its that or getting higher speed fans but then that'll be a cost for noise.

Comment

well i 'll see how it goes with the filters and if i see its working i'll leave it if not they are out of there.

WiGGo a buddy mine bought a case that you had to take the PSU to get to the HS clip...pain in the butt man...

I never used filters but i am giving them a try...right now the audigy is picking up alot of freaking noise!
        - Damien

Comment

is that a mini atx? My brother had the same setup. THe PSU actually sat over the mobo. And you had to take it out to service....................ANYTHING. Man o man that really hogs air trying to get to the HSF and actually poses about a 15-30 degree difference. WOW.

Comment

I'll check it out...monitoring my Temps as we speak ("speak"?...we don't speak in forums we type)
            - Damien

Comment

lol yup I say that alot in AIM. well not those exact words but similar.

Comment

Yeah you should have seen the dust sitting in my compaq. I took it apart for some pics of the parts for my thread in the trading post. The power supply sits over the mobo just like your brother's respawn. But anyway my computer actually starts up quicker for reason... oh well :o.

Comment

Originally posted by [size=6
                  FLaCo[/size]]
                  WiGGo a buddy mine bought a case that you had to take the PSU to get to the HS clip...pain in the butt man...
                  That's the prob of the Gigabyte board and its socket positionin', another reason I like EPoX boards better. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
                    That's the prob of the Gigabyte board and its socket positionin', another reason I like EPoX boards better. ;)
                    This is true...Abit is alright in that department as well...gonna invest on EPoX next time...
                    - Damien

Comment

I would buy one of the EPoX boards but I can't find any of their KT400 chipset versions :cry:

Comment

The new ABit you have or will have dunno if you finally got it or not..just OwNZ man...that thing is a beaut!
                        - Damien

Comment

I have to change my sig. They are not coming out till mid october so I am not getting one. I have made some major changes to my comp since I made my sig. I am buying the "GA-7VAXP" from Giga-Byte

Comment

EPoX do have 2 KT400 mobo's but they would prefer ppl to keep using the KT333 chipset atm due to some probs with it (like memory support). You can find them at the bottom of this page, http://www.epox.com/html/motherboard...20a&lang=1 ;)

Comment

Yeah I know that they have two mobo's with the KT400 chipset. But I can't find them in stores :(.

Comment

Working...
                              X