No announcement yet.

Onboard sound while having another s/card installed? (Z68 Extreme4 Gen3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onboard sound while having another s/card installed? (Z68 Extreme4 Gen3)

Hi folks,

I've built a computer with a Z68 Extreme4 Gen3-mobo. I installed an M-audio 2496 soundcard (PCI) and as soon as I did that, the onboard soundcard does not work anymore, meaning, I cannot use the headphones-output on the mobo anymore. I did not have this issue with my former computer (a non-Asrock-mobo) in which I had installed the very same soundcard.

(The M-audio 2496 does not have a headphone out, only RCA-out/inputs and midi I/O).

I'm thinking I should be able to use both the onboard and the other soundcard (not simultaneously, of course) on this computer as well, right?

Any ideas?

Cheers,

M.T.Pilot

Re: Onboard sound while having another s/card installed? (Z68 Extreme4 Gen3)

Have you checked the Windows Sound option in Control Panel? Your sound card may be set to the default audio device, and the OS is ignoring the onboard sound chip. Or you need to do some other configuring in Sound. Also check in the BIOS if the onboard sound has been disabled for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      Have you checked the Windows Sound option in Control Panel? Your sound card may be set to the default audio device, and the OS is ignoring the onboard sound chip. Or you need to do some other configuring in Sound. Also check in the BIOS if the onboard sound has been disabled for some reason.
      Thanks for the reply, Parsec.

I'll go check in the win sound option.

(I don't think the onboard sound has been disabled, because as soon as I physically take out the m-audio soundcard, the onboard is working again. It seems as if pysically putting in another s/card automatically causes a change in software-default settings, somehow...).

Comment

Originally posted by M.T.Pilot View Post
        Thanks for the reply, Parsec.

I'll go check in the win sound option.

Hmmm... the onboard soundchip is not even showing up in the control panel (and I do have 'show disabled and disconnected devices' marked).

Better check the BIOS...not sure what to check for in the BIOS, though...

Comment

I made a change in settings in the BIOS which seems to have done the trick.

Thanks! :)

Comment

Working...
          X