Is this a normal temp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a normal temp?

My system is ideling around 35 c in the cpu, i'm using artic silver and at first the temp was 43-44 c ideling, but now it has slowely started to drop. I think it's running as cool as it can know.
    43-44 at full load. It takes a few weeks before the artic is giving the best effect. I use one 80 mm chassi fan and that is my only case cooling so far. Around 22-23 c in the room.

You couldn't complain about that - sounds fine to me.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Yep sound good, you got quite a bit of room there temp wise. But more case fans never hurt :D.

Comment

I have never heard of Arctic Silver improving its thermal conductivity over time, especially such an extended time. This would imply a slow chemical change, probably heat induced. Is this a supposition or have you read about such a change?

Comment

Typically, Arctic Silver will take a few hours to settle in and produce maximum results.. Most cases it's a max of a day.

Other than that, there shouldn't be any chemical change AS would undergo, except for natural aging.. and stress due to heat.
          Chris "Raven"
          News Crew - TweakTown
          <!--
          <font size=1>
          <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
          - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
          - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
          - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
          </font>
          // -->
          "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

I usually find that it takes about 48 hours for AS3 to do its phase change. ;)
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Temp looks fine especially seeing its reading the onchip sensor...pretty damn accurate and well within spec.

Comment

Working...
              X