Is this a normal temp TOO !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a normal temp TOO !

I have a ASUS A7V266e with a Athlon 1.8 gig CPU running @ 1533 default setting with a Volcano 6cu+ HSF moving 38CFM @ 7000 rpm most of the time.
    256 ddr ram and Asus AGP 7100 video.
    Front case fan sucks 56 CFM in the front and the Back case fan blows 37 CFM out the back. Room temp average about 18-20 cel. Usiing Motherboard monitor 5 it tells me the M/B is reasonably stable at 21-23 degrees but the Cpu temps vary from 40 up to 46 without any extra load put on the system. Most of the time it is just browsing the NET. Is this normal and is this about average for this sort of setup?
    ps Sorry 4 being so long-winded
    :?:

Les0

No need to worry man, my cpu its always at 57º and you can bet I'm not the only one

Comment

40-46 is a pretty good range. Maybe when you get the money (or if you already have it :?: ) upgrade to a Volcano 7+. And do you have anymore places for case fans? Never hurts to lower your temps...

Comment

Buninho

While your cpu will certainly run at that temp, it sure doesn't leave much temp headroom before you get to the point of shortening the processor life. I would suggest looking to better or additional cooling.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I will be upgrading soon as I get some more bucks to support my habit. hehe.. Probably to the Volcano 7+ or the Volcano 9. Not sure yet. I am also trying to find something suitable for a mesh grill to cover the front of the box over the intake hole. Everyone has round or square fan hole covers but I dont see any rectangular ones ie. 15cm X 10cm with fine mesh. May try a car speaker cover.

Thanks Les0:D :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by bigjackusa
            Buninho

While your cpu will certainly run at that temp, it sure doesn't leave much temp headroom before you get to the point of shortening the processor life. I would suggest looking to better or additional cooling.
            Are you sure?
            I know many people (friends and people from other boards) that have their computers running at similar or even higher temps that I do and they never had any problems with that.

I have a Volcano7+ and a thermaltake 5000rpm fan on my case and neither of them work at full speed during winter, only during summer. They keep my cpu temp at a constant 57º

Comment

I think there is a little to much paranoia about CPU temperatures .AMD guarantees there XP CPUs will run at 90 for 1 year .
              I have never had a CPU die but have lost several harddisks &CDs due to thermal degradation (living in a place that’s to hot), I run a program called Speed Fan which give a read out of the operating temperature of CPU & SMART enabled harddisks

My machine
              Gigabyte GA-7VRX xp1800 1533 OC to 1610 via FSB
              Volcano 7+ cooler
              Runs between 43 -60 depending on load
              Only ever run the fan on low speed (cant stand the noise) but took Wiggos & installed good case ventilation , harddisk temp never goes over36

:cheers:

Comment

I never new how to spell "paranoia" until I came across programs like Asus Probe and Motherboard Monitor.
                Perhaps the guy that said "ignorance is bliss" never tried to push the limits. I won't worry about the numbers as much as the amount of cool air I can push through. Thanks Guys.

:cheers: Les0

Comment

I've never heard of any "experts" suggesting that more than 60°c was good for the life of a chip. I've only seen temps on a couple of factory machines, and they were lower than 57°c. I would think that if they could save a buck and let them run higher with long term reliability, they would. I know that heat can degrade electronics. It easy and cheap to lower the temps in most cases. Even AMD recommends leaving a 10-15° allowence for temp monitoring error. Running at 40°c, I am confident my cpu will last a long time.

Comment

Working...
                  X