epox 8KHA/+ - Geforce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• epox 8KHA/+ - Geforce

I having trubbel geting my Asus Geforce 256 sdr/ddr V68000 series working .

Using Xpox ddr 8kha/+.

Pleas help me i dont want to by an new card

Karim.:confused:

Though your card is an older model, i should still work. Have you installed the latest VIA 4-in-1 drivers? And if so, did you install them right after the OS (before any component drivers were installed)?

Granted, I have a newer video card, but I have had no problems with a 8KHA+/GeForce combo.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

The v6800 series were notorious for being power guzzlers, chewing up a lot more juice than comparable cards. Does the 8KHA+ have an AGP Pro slot? :?:
      What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Nope its got a plain AGP

Comment

So are you saing that i cant use the grafik card with the Epox bord?

Comment

You shouldn't have any problems. I find it very unlikely that you'd need an AGP Pro slot, however it'd be a good idea to make sure that your power supply is beefy enough to run the combo. I can't remember what the recomended minimum for power supplies is now but I'm sure someone does.

Also, what is the problem exactly ? Maybe we know how to fix it. You might want to check out www.geforcefaq.com I've found it pretty usefull in the past when fixing some of my problems.

Cheers.

Comment

Yes, what make, model and wattage is the power supply unit? :?:

Comment

The problem is that i cant use it together with my motherboard
                nothing happens the i´m turning the computer on.
                (the monitor dosen´t get any signal).

At the monent i´m using a diffrent card.

Comment

does the pc boot up anyway or does it sit there like an inactive pile of crap and do absolutely squat all ? ie not even a beep

Comment

Ok.
                    Then i turn the power on i get the bip and the pc boot up,
                    i think i cant se anyting on the screen but it sounds like it boot up ok.

Comment

It really sounds like the vid card is not gettin' enough power but does another card work on it? :?:
                      <center> </center>

Comment

hmmm, wasn't the power issue only evident with 3d apps ? Dunno. I guess the next question now is, do you know if the card even works ? Does that vid card work in another pc ?

Comment

Yes i have tried with difrent cards and its ok.

And the geforce card is working in difrent computers.

Comment

Well on that webpage I mentioned, it has a bit about this very problem. Take a look and see what you think.

Q. My PC won't POST (doesn't display anything when I switch it on) after I put my GeForce card in. How can I fix it?

Make sure that your card is firmly seated in the AGP slot, and clean away any dust in the slot or on the card.

Make sure that your processor and RAM are firmly seated - you may have dislodged them when you installed the GeForce.

Try a different monitor. In some rare cases the GeForce simply won't work with a certain monitor. If this is the case, try replacing the GeForce and seeing if that helps.

Try increasing the I/O voltage of your motherboard to 3.4V in your BIOS setup if your BIOS supports it.

Try setting the AGP Driving Value setting in your BIOS setup to EA or FF.

Try installing the latest BIOS update for your motherboard. You can get help with finding out what BIOS you need and instructions as to how to flash it at Wim's BIOS page.

Try delaying your drives from spinning up for a few seconds if your BIOS supports it.

If you are using a KVM (Keyboard / Video / Mouse) switch between your GeForce and your monitor, try first connecting the GeForce directly to the monitor. If this helps, try booting the PC when the KVM is pointing at a different monitor.

If the above solutions don't help, you may find that on motherboards that are only AGP 1.0 compliant you may be able to fix this problem by putting insulating tape over the last pair of contacts on the AGP connector on the GeForce card (the contact furthest from the monitor port, on both sides). This has been tested on the Chaintech 6BTM motherboard. You may find that once you have done this once you will be able to take the tape back off (even if the tape didn't seem to have any effect).

If your motherboard has two power supply connectors (AT and ATX), then try connecting the ATX connector instead of the AT. ATX supplies the 3.3V required by AGP cards to run.

If you are using PC100 RAM, try switching to PC133 RAM.

Your Video BIOS may be corrupt (this can occasionally occur even on brand new cards). See the 'My card's Video BIOS is corrupted and I can't use my manufacturer's flash program to restore it. How can I restore it?' question for more information on how to reflash it.

If you have an ABIT K7V motherboard and an ASUS V7700 card, and none of the above tips help, then unfortunately there seems to be a compatibility issue with the two. You'll have to change the card or the motherboard. Contact Kagemusha if want more information.

If none of this helps, you may have a dodgy card. Try to get it replaced under warranty.

Comment

Another thought, is this other vid card you've been using an AGP card ?

Comment

Working...
                              X