ASRock X79 Extreme 11 Memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock X79 Extreme 11 Memory

Ok Ive been playing around with (8) 8GB G Skill Ripjaw 2133's. Im afraid I have a bad D1 slot. Below is the codes thrown based on arrangment. I know some are obvious but I was just trying to see patterns. Before I go through the whole RMA process does anyone have any ideas?

A1</SPAN> A2</SPAN> B1</SPAN> B2</SPAN> D2</SPAN> D1</SPAN> C2</SPAN> C1</SPAN>
    b7</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN>
    b0</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> O</SPAN>
    b7</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> O</SPAN> O</SPAN>
    b0</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> O</SPAN> O</SPAN> O</SPAN>
    b7</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> O</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN>
    BOOT</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> O</SPAN> O</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN>
    BOOT</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> O</SPAN> O</SPAN> O</SPAN> X</SPAN>
    b0</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> O</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> O</SPAN>
    b0</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> O</SPAN> X</SPAN> O</SPAN>
    BOOT</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> O</SPAN> O</SPAN> X</SPAN>
    b0</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> O</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN>
    b7</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN>
    BOOT</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> O</SPAN> O</SPAN> O</SPAN> O</SPAN>
    BOOT</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> O</SPAN> O</SPAN> O</SPAN> O</SPAN>
    b0</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> X</SPAN> O</SPAN> O</SPAN> X</SPAN> O</SPAN>
    Last edited by Checkmate212; 12-19-2012, 08:46 AM.

Re: ASRock X79 Extreme 11 Memory

A question if I might.

Any chance the above 60 and 67, could the 6 possibly be/represent a lower case b (five LED segments lit) instead of the 6 (six LED segments lit) ?

ie: b0 and or b7 instead of 60 and or 67
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Your absolutly right. It is a b0 and b7 on the Debug.

Comment

Originally posted by Checkmate212 View Post
        Your absolutly right. It is a b0 and b7 on the Debug.
        That makes more sense.

Another question or four if I may.

Double check, pull and re-seat if in doubt, all of your memory sticks.

-----------
        Do you have two EPS12V 8-Pin(w 8 wires ea, not 4) power connected to both of the motherboards ATX12V1 and ATX121V2 connections at the "top' of the board?

Are you using the 24-pin ATX Power from the PSU to the mb's 24-pin atc power connection? 24-pin/wires Not 20-pin/wires? Silly I know, but .......

I'd double check that all three above power connections are secure and solidly connected. Might also disconnect each and look at both ends of each of the connections for anything that might be amiss.

-----------
        Your V5900 pulls ~75W and that is 75W from the bus as it doesn't have any 6 or 8 pin aux pwr connections from the PSU.

I'd call ASRock Tech Support and ask if connecting a 4-Pin molex power to either the "SLI/XFIRE_PWR1" or "SLI/XFIRE_PWR2" would maybe be a good idea here in this instance for easing the power load of(f) the bus while using this particular video card. Also, if they say "Yes' , ask if it makes a diff which, SLI/XFIRE_PWR1 or SLI/XFIRE_PWR2, in reference to where/which PCI-e slot you have the V5900 installed into as there is one 4-pin each above and below the interface slots.
        ----------

And while you have Tech Supports ear ask them of the b0 and b7 "errors' you're experiencing.
        Last edited by - wardog -; 12-20-2012, 06:39 AM. Reason: correct V5800 to V5900
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
        X