PDA

View Full Version : HELP me identify this cable? please

DigitalDD
01-11-2002, 09:53 PM
I have a weird cable here which i need to obtain another of for my job. My supervisors all say the cable was in place before they started with the company.

On one end its a DB25/F connector on the other it has this weird connector which I just took a pic of.

the funny looking end plugs into a patch panel which we use to monitor multiple 56K circuits.

Any help is greatly appreciated..

DigitalDD
01-11-2002, 09:56 PM
here is a pic of the patch panel it plugs into if that'll help.

sKuLLsHoT
01-13-2002, 07:45 PM
arg blurry

Wiggo
01-14-2002, 01:57 AM
I'm not sure due to the quality of the pics but it maybe an extermal IDE connection (rare). :?:
<center>:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:</center>

DigitalDD
01-14-2002, 09:45 PM
its for monitoring 56K point to point connections so its definately a serial cable.

sorry about the quality of the picture the light in the Data Center here sucks.. either there's too much or not enough.

sKuLLsHoT
01-15-2002, 07:43 PM
i think u just took the picture from too close...

anyways, i agree its definately a serial cable, but i have had a look round a couple of the cabling sites i had listed from way back and the few that still exist, weren't showing me too much...

DigitalDD
01-15-2002, 08:57 PM
The connector is called a Patchmate connector. I found this out after removing a serial card from the patch panel and noticing that the card said it was made by ADC/Kentronix instead of AMP who made the patchpanel but not the cards. go figure :rolleyes:

Funny thing is no one who sells this stuff has a decent picture of this connector anywhere. Even ADC's site only has good pics of the panel not the damn connector..:mad: