CPU Multiplier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU Multiplier

I was just reading the Overclocking guide and it was talking about unlocking the CPU to be able to change the multiplier in the Bios. I have an Athlon Thunderbird and I have never soldered the points or done any modification to the chip but I am still able to change the multiplier settings. However if I increase the speed by 100 mhz I experience system hangs during games but in Windows have no problems. Any idea why I can change the multiplier, will soldering the points give me better performance?

If I remember rightly most Athlon Thunderbirds from the 1300MHz - 1400MHz came from the factory unlocked. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Can anyone tell me the difference between the PCI FSB Multiplier and the CPU FSB the CPU FSB asks for a value between 0 and 28 in Decimal

Comment

I wish they still came from the factory unlocked :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
          If I remember rightly most Athlon Thunderbirds from the 1300MHz - 1400MHz came from the factory unlocked. ;)
          <center>:cheers:</center>
          Umm, not exactly.. I think if any, only the early t-birds were unlocked. I had a 1.1 and a 1.4, and neither was. :(

Comment

:devil win

Comment

lol, wiggo. Beefy make sure ya read :p

Comment

fight fight!!!! hehe just kidding! :laugh:

Comment

lol saidin :laugh:

:cheers: :cheers:

Comment

Originally posted by northsidetouch
                    Can anyone tell me the difference between the PCI FSB Multiplier and the CPU FSB the CPU FSB asks for a value between 0 and 28 in Decimal
                    Where is it that you are looking to find this?
                    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                    My Toys

Comment

Working...
                    X