why rais voltages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why rais voltages?

if clock speeds are determined by the fsb and the multiplyer, why do'es raising the voltage appear in all the over clocking guides? isnt the hight the voltages increase the need for heat dissapation?, i would assume it is for "stabillity", but what in raising the fsb/multiplyer would need more power?

and if i overclock my Vid card, do i need to rais the voltage on that too?, and what about my system memory?, wont raising the voltage make them MORE unstable even if you buy quality ram(i.e corsair)?
    thanks to all who replay

I just covered most of these topics in the AMD Overclocking Guide that just posted a couple of days ago. Might wanna check it out. :)
    http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...review&dId=376
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

your guid was great in explaining what every thing is, but back to the question at hand, what DOES raising the voltages do?

Comment

It does answer your question a couple times. If a signal becomes weak increasing the voltage can strengthen it. Also sometimes when you increase the RAM's voltages it increases system stability...

Comment

thanks

Comment

No problem, that's what we are here for :thumb:

Comment

is there a guide for overclocking pentium 4s ?

Comment

Basically there ain't a great deal of difference between AMD & Intel overclocking except the use of the multipier which can not be changed on Intel processors. ;)
                <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Working...
                X