Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rampage Extreme IV X79 mobo wont post

Heya guys,

I have a Rampage Extreme IV X79 board, i turned the computer off the other night and and when i went to turn it back on the next day it wouldnt boot, tried the usual things cleaning ram and unplugging everything, all the lights come on but no one is home nothing actually starts once i press the onboard "start" button or the case button, i run a 1400VA UPS and it is still working just fine now so i assume it wasnt a power surge, run a corsair HX1000W PSU tested fine with a tester also tried another PSU to be sure, nvidia x590gpu, Intel SSD's in raid and a 3930k CPU few other hard drives plugged in nothing major with a CD-ROM, 4x32gb Gskill ripjaws, even switched bios and seemed to go across fine, even updated bios from the USB stick, seemed to update but still no luck. Is there something else i can try or am i just missing something? no beeps from speaker as it just doesnt start, even the chipset fan doesnt move when i turn it on.

Any ideas would be awesome, just incase ive missed something, this is my first experiance with an asus board, always used gigabyte and i must say im very glad i went with asus it had been fine running for about 3 months until this has happened.

=)

Re: Rampage Extreme IV X79 mobo wont post

Simplify. Disconnect everything but one stick of ram, and your OS drive. Reset BIOS to default. You may even just connect your monitor to see the bios through your video card and not have your OS drive installed.
    Check to see if your computer will boot. If not, try the ram stick in another slot. Still no boot, try a different ram stick in the first slot. It takes patience and keeping track of what you did just so you don't start doing the same thing over and over again. It is possible you had a hardware failure. I once had a board that failed to boot and it turned out an overclock on my RAM was the reason. I had forgotten I had overclocked it. It has been working for months with the overclock. Once the ram was set to board default (not the XMP setting of the ram), the board booted.

Comment

Yep have tried everything, still no go :(

Comment

Hello MR33SOM,

I suggest then, that you contact Asus and ask for an RMA.

Comment

Remove your motherboard from the computer case and place the motherboard on a cardboard box beside the case.
          Try to boot into the bios with a minimal hardware setup, one memory stick, video card, and keyboard.
          Disconnect all add-in cards along with data and power cables to all drives.

Do not place an anti-static bag under the motherboard; the outside of the bag is electrically conductive.
          Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
          P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
          4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
          MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
          Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
          WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
          Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
          SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
          Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
          Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
          Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
          MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
          Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
          win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
          HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
          CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
          E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
          Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
          Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
          HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
          win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

Working...
          X