Asus P4S8X - DDR400!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus P4S8X - DDR400!

I have a little problem. I've just downloaded the latest BIOS 1004 Final, because I was told, it was gonna fix the DDR400 stability. But it won't... I tried to run 2.0 Ghz (FSB 100), with DDR400 and it crashed. I've tried to run 2.63 Ghz (FSB 133) with DDR400, and it crashed! What can I do?

At this stage in the life of DDR 400, it is either unstable, or runs speeds slower than DDR333. Give it time.. the manufacturers will eventually get their butts in gear :D

Try running your memory at DDR333.. the performance is still quite nice.
    Chris "Raven"
    News Crew - TweakTown
    <!--
    <font size=1>
    <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
    - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
    - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
    - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
    </font>
    // -->
    "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

hmm, if you look at tomshardware they have a good review on all the KT400 boards that are on the market right now, using the newer DDR 400 with CL2.
      On some motherboards the 400 was better than the 333, but not all. Check out the review

Comment

Yes, you are better off having CL2 ddr333mhz ram than having CL2.5 ddr400mhz ram. I am buying the new Corsair PC-3200 XMS RAM which runs at 400 but still keeping the CL2 speed, can't wait to benchmark my system :D.

Comment

I wish the DDR400 CL2 was out when I bought my ram....hehe it was litterally a week. And they the DRR400 magically appeared. oh well, maybe I overlooked it. :?:

Comment

Maybe it's the quality of the ram?

Comment

From Asus P4S8X page.
              [b]The P4S8X is the first motherboard to provide AGP 8X and Serial ATA connectors. With the SiS 648 chipset, the ASUS P4S8X supports latest 533MHz front side bus and Pentium 4 processors up to 2.53GHz and beyond. In addition to supporting high-bandwidth DDR 333PC2700/PC2100/PC1600 non-ECC DDR DRAM Memory
              I think that Asus has the answer on their site (and it's not the 1st time I've seen Asus boards have probs with very fast memory). ;)
              <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
                I think that Asus has the answer on their site (not the 1st time I've seen Asus boards have probs with very fast memory). ;)
                <center>:cheers:</center>
                ah man that stinks. Oh well at least it is backwards compatible...

Saidin, yeah that does suck. You can pick up what I bought for only $180 (includes fed-ex 2 day). Very nice price (especially compared to RD-RAM). :thumb:

Comment

pga1234
                  yeah i will probably make the switch when I get the new Athlons. but till then I will stick with the 3000. It is good enough! hehe

Comment

Scuse me while I kick the sky, this maybe a daft question but what is the difference between non-ec and ec ddram memory?

I'm running the p4s8x with a gig and am having problems with cubase sx and audio could this be the problem?

Comment

Working...
                    X