A decent FREE webhost..space > 10mb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A decent FREE webhost..space > 10mb

can u guys list some websites which offer FREE space that is minimum of 10mb (i can live off that for now), i dont care about banner popups but has , maybe, FTP transfers allowed for free peeps....but also is NOT the following..

www.crosswinds.net

www.geocities.com

any suggestions? geocities dont work right with images which is why i have to give you link to webpage with my SIG instead of the pic otherwise it wont work. and crosswinds.net is down (unlimited storage too :( )

please please post some.....i need to get crap put online and get my thing going!!

Fortunecity.com is great. That's where I upload all the images that I use for tweaktown. They offer 100MB Remote FTP acess and a large amount of bandwidth. I didn't like geocities either. They cut off access to remote FTP which really pissed me off and they had a SMALL amoutn of bandwidth.

Comment

when i used to use fortune cities you couldn't link pics out of their servers. can you now?
      TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

not a direct link but a pick I guess. Atleast you can here in the forums. Of course that is assuming that you can see my signature. Or the pictures that I post.

Can you see my signature?

Comment

yeah i can, hmmm.. ok :\
          TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

I can't until I open another window and follow the source (doens't always work though). :(

Comment

hmm.. like wiggo said, it doen't always work - i can't see it atm
              TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

you see the fortunecity place holder?

Comment

Yep that's all I see. :(

Geocities, FortuneCity and Crosswinds are some of the worse places that ppl can pick (very rare for the link to work after 5mins). :eek:

Comment

lol this isn't cool. I can host the pictures on my FTP server but then I don't want to leave that up all the time. Ok well now I'm gonna join {PoSeIdOnAs} and his topic on what this thread was original supposed to be. Know any good webservers out there that won't give a place holder and all a direct link to a file?

Comment

Doesn't your ISP provide webspace? Mine does and I use that so long as I realise that it only has a 300MB p/m bandwidth but it's free and works plus it's 10MB per email address of which you can have up to 5 of. ;)

Comment

does it? hmm......... I'm not really sure I'll have to ask my dad when he wakes up (few minutes from now) as he owns the account. Then once I find out beleive me I will change everything ovber immediatly.

Comment

ok........I"m now hosting all pictures off the bellsouth servers. Which are being paid for so they SHOULD WORK. Does my signature show up now?

Comment

Workin' fine today anyway. :D

Comment

good I don't think I should have anymore problems with pictures showing up. Unless of course bellsouth is having problems with there servers. I"m paying 45 a month they better be up all the time!

I already fixed it but I ment "now" not "not"

Comment

Working...
                              X