Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• benchmark programs

Me again,
    I want to know whats the best free benchmark program and where do I get it ?
    I've tried a few but I find them kinda too techy to follow, basically I just want to check If my cpu is definetly running at the speed I set it to and also my video card too (I've been overclocking).
    A couple of the programs I've tried I.E- ziff davis for one, Seems to be telling me that my cpu is running slower than it should be I.E- slower than 2.4 and I've set it to 2.57, I dont know if that program is reliable, I just want an easy to read reliable program ! Anyone ?????????? :confused:

www.madonion.com has a good program, 3dmarks. You can compare your scores to others as soon as you test your pc.

Comment

I'll try that, thanks pga1234.

Comment

No problem, there is another one called "SiSandra" or something along those lines. I don't know where to get it. Maybe search Yahoo or Google for "Sandra"??

Comment

Ya get SiSoft Sandra from http://www.sisoftware.demon.co.uk/ and Tom's Hardware has some for d/l from ftp://ftp.tomshardware.com/pub/ ;)
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

cheers :cheers:

Comment

Ok good it is called SiSandra. I was hopng I wasnt going to sound stupid :snip:.

:thumb:

Comment

Actually, it is SiSoft Sandra, but there are very few who don't know what you meant. ;)
                Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                My Toys

Comment

Plus you could go for PC Mark for a general PC benchmark, or WCPUID is a good one for CPU stats and details...

Comment

Ok Wiggo,
                    Heres what I done, please tell me if it's ok or not to do it this way ?
                    I have an Asus p4s533 MB, with Sis 645dx chipset>>>Pentium 4, 2.4ghz cpu with 533 FSB and 512mb ram pc2700.

With the Asus motherboard you have an easy overclock feature in bios setup, Soooo >
                    I went into the bios and changed the Cpu / Pci freq from default (133/33) to 143/36 which multiplied by the cpu freq multiple (18)= 2.57ghz and it looks as though my FSB is up from 533 to 572 now.

Is the machine actually running at those speeds or am I being fooled, according to a couple of benchmark programs sis sandra being one, acorrding to them the machine is running at those speeds, but I'am still not convinced ????
                    Bear in mind everything is standard, fans etc etc, I look forward to hearing from you or anyone with Info please

Comment

As long as the temp isnt too high (P4's automatically slow themselves down when they are hot right?) it should be running at that speed.

Comment

Working...
                      X