Det Drivers Lock up XP!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Det Drivers Lock up XP!!!!

What the hell is the 23.11 Det drivers' problem....it keeps on freezing my computer and then restarting it...XP went back to the default drivers and no crashing at all...what the hell...cant they make a good F'ing driver...what is a stable yet fast driver for a Geforce 2 Ultra

Peace...thanks again

FiReBLaZR
    :devil: :devil: :afro: :devil: :devil:

Ok here's the article that I linked in the news from VIA Arena written by John Gatt that offers an explaination and some tips into the NV Loop/BSOD error that happens with that version of drivers with some setups. :smokin:

<center> </center>

Comment

#2son and me both run 21.83 with winXP with no probs (touch wood)

Comment

23.11's here and so far longest uptime between DELIBERATE reboots was 5 days...

no instability issues, unless i push the card just a LITTLE too far
        SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
        Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

Comment

It's a very strange issue this as with 3 identicial hardware setups 2 won't have any probs yet the remaining one will just be dogged by it. :?:
          <center> </center>

Comment

Yeah I sometimes have the same my computers reboots..have the same drivers....

Comment

Have you overclocked your video card lately?

WindowsXP automatically reboots when it encounters fatal problem.

I'm using 23.11 w/out any problem on WindowsXP Pro.
              :zzz:

Comment

Well, there is not a complete solution to this problem. Some people (see the via arena XP forum) have suggested that it may be an issue with the power feed of the AGP slot and have suggested that the voltage should be raised a bit and the AGP drive value should be increased, however this hasn't worked in all situations. In a friend's PC, I solved the problm by dropping AGP support to 2x from 4x, however I will play with the AGP drive values a bit as soon as I have the time for it.

Comment

Be careful meddling with the AGP driving values, if you get it wrong the machine may refuse to boot :eek:
                  What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

That's right (been there-done that).

Pull out the battery....power on
                    power off (remove power cord)
                    remove agp card
                    power on (not sure if this step is necessary)
                    power off (remove power cord)
                    insert card and battery
                    power on

system boots, CMOS to default values.

The AGP card removal is a must. It appears that the CMOS reset isn't sufficient on its own.

Comment

Working...
                    X