RT-AC66U wifi speed issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RT-AC66U wifi speed issues

Hi, I recently bought the above router and have it connected to virgin cable 60mb Internet.

I have been running speedtest on my iphone, playbook and hard wired PC. My PC is constantly getting 60+ mb while my phone varies wildly from 24-44mb. I have changed the channel on the 2.4 spectrum to 6 as there is only 3 other networks around me and they all on different channels to mine (they are all on 3).

There are no other 5ghz networks around and I only have my wife and my iphone 5 and my bb playbook on the 5ghz spectrum.

Should it be fluctuating so much? I have measured it from the same spot in the house with no other network activity and I have the router on its stand using the latest firmware.

Re: RT-AC66U wifi speed issues

there is an output strength option in the routers UI 192.168.1.1:8080 (default). you can adjust it from 0-200 mW. where available =).
    antennas usually work best \!/ <=== @ this configuration. I hope that helps ya.
    I also know that 5ghz signal can be easily interfered (my tv looses a bar of signal when someone walks in front of the tv) It "usually" provides you better bandwith than 2.4 even when 5 has a lesser signal. If this does not help you then I suggest drop kicking your Apple products into a urinal (one without a cake) then go get yourself a Tf-700 aka. Transformer Prime Infinity with a dock.

oh, um. yeah, ya know what? you should just go ahead and do that. yeah... now drop. kick! =)~

Comment

Thanks, I just tried changing the output power from 80 to 120 then to 160.

Ran speedtest on my PC (i always run it a few times) and was getting about 58mb download.

Ran it on my phone on 5ghz and got between 14 and 34mb!! It seemed to settle about 34mb

2.4 gave me around 34mb consistently

Why is it fluctuating so much? I have full bars but sometimes it just loses connection and slows down so much browsing becomes a pain..

Got to get this sorted as the Missus is now asking why I spent so much on a router and its no better than the last one..

Comment

Forgot to add antennas are placed like that and I don't think you can use the transformer as a phone!

Comment

Working...
        X