Blue Screen with XP Pro while OCing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Screen with XP Pro while OCing

Win XP, when I overclock my cpu I get a blue screen of death. Go Figure, I have a XP 1600+ and OC it to a 1900+ anything more than that and the mobo resets itself, it's a gigabyte ga-7vrxp.

How are your temps doing?
    - Damien

Comment

my FAN is so huge, I should have started a long long long time ago. They are all normal like normal while i'm running at 1600+
      not even OCing. I'm wondering if has something to do with activation MICROSOFT

Comment

Sounds like the CPU may need a little extra voltage to stabilise it but maybe something else. It would help to give us the full details of your settings and setup though. ;)
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I had the FSB set to 150 I think, I didn't see a place to change the Voltage, but there is a % meter, i don't know what it does it does. I mentioned the mobo i'm using in an eairlier post. Maby someone is useing that with an oc'd 1600, going to a 1900 might be too much but I heard that AMD's and The New Gigabyte mobo are the best for overcolcking, and with my cooling I should be able to pump out 25% more power.

Comment

Under "Hardware Monitor & Misc Setup" in BIOS you'll find a setting called "VCore Voltage" (3rd from the top on left) and this can be changed from "Normal" to "5%/7.5%/10%". Try 5% 1st but if that don't work then try 7.5% though keep ya eye on temps as the CPU will run warmer with the extra voltage. You may want to check your memory timings to as they maybe a little too aggressive at those speeds. ;)

Comment

i'll try that, these smilies are cool:snip:

Comment

I got it to 1800 and it's stable, so far, I'm running Prime 95 hopefully it'll be all good. What's it mean when Prime 95 freezes on test 1?

Comment

I've got no idea as I've never used it but someone else may. ;)

I have the same board in my No.2 PC which happily runs a XP1800+ @ 2100+ (1730MHz) with a 150MHz FSB with a 5% VCore increase, crunches Seti@home 24/7 with games being played most of the day and night as well. :devil win

Comment

Working...
                  X