Replacement Top Panel for PC-K9WX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Top Panel for PC-K9WX

I am currently modding out a pc-K9WX and expanding upon its case design. I would love it if someone could help me figure out what all top panels can work as a replacement for this case. I have asked around on (frozencpu) and their help is limited on compatibility. The reason I want to exchange mine out is since I no longer use the front IO panel nor power buttons (removed), I would like a panel top without these. I was also looking for one that has fan holes cut in the rear of it by since that is limiting I will settle for just a solid panel.

The reason I am doing this is because after looking around at a lot of the cases on the market currently, they all come with way more than I really want in the case. Most of these cases have obstructions to airflow with multiple harddrive cages, massive 5.25 bay, and limited intake space in general. I have already cleared my 5.25 bay (bought an external Dvd burner) and placed a 120mm fan, soon to be 140mm fan, in the space. I am also planning to buy an acrylic piece for the front and cut fan holes in it so that I can mount it flush with the front replacing the original face of the pc.

I am just now getting into modding after building pc's for years and years. I normally would just do clean builds with whats given and never push cases to their limits to make something unique. I really enjoy this cases, its all black interior, strong steel construction, and stylishly simple design. My plan is to shape this into a more refined and polished appearance by making these changes. I come to these forums seeking help on my search for this top panel since most other places might not have the specific help I think I can find here.

Re: Replacement Top Panel for PC-K9WX

Almost 200 views and no replies, the likes of which i've never seen. :D I see there is an official representative that frequents these boards and would love to hear back on this. Sitting the fence on upgrading unless I can mod this proper.

Comment

Hi Xioticin,

I apologize for the delayed reply. For the Lancool PC-K9 we don't have a top panel replacement with the characteristics you are looking for. However, we might have a similar top panel in some of older models. We are checking now for alternatives.

Comment

Much appreciated and no worries about the delay! Thank you for the help

Comment

Just PMed you. :)

Comment

Emailed a while back, awaiting reply. Will post my solutions/results here to help others if not order sensitive :D

Comment

Quick question, upon a little investigating, wouldn't a k63 top panel fit? It looks almost exactly identical. Unless under that plastic top exterior is a mess of holes lol. Its all possible with that step child
              Last edited by Xioticin; 03-26-2013, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Unfortunately, it does not fit. But of course anything is possible with modification. :)

Comment

Working...
                X