Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0

Salut,
    Pe placa de baza se pot monta 5 ventilatoare (2 cu 4 pini si 3 cu 3 pini)
    Ma intereseaza daca are cineva placa asta de baza si linux pe ea. Fancontrol-ul poate sa controleze toate ventilatoarele? In sensul ca se pot opri din OS ventilatorele? Seta viteza lor?
    Hello,
    On this motherboard there is space for 5 fans (two with 4 pins and 3 with 3 pins)

I am interested if someone who have this motherboard and have installed linux is able to control all fans from OS (stop fans, set the speed etc).
    I plan to buy this motherboard...but I want to know (and this is the most important think)...if I am able to control fans from OS (I like deathly silent PC...but also well cooled).
    On my current motherboard I am using a custom made fancontrol (build in C) and sistem fans are tuned according some temperature sensors)

Re: ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0

Originally posted by bolovan View Post
    I like deathly silent PC...but also well cooled
    Ha! There's no such beast in existence. I wish, but unfortunately .......... Maybe a micro-itx.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Re: ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
      Ha! There's no such beast in existence. I wish, but unfortunately .......... Maybe a micro-itx.
      My current sistem is deat silent (Asus M2N-E with Athlon 64 245).
      When ambient temperature is around 23 C and no load on cpu and gpu...the fans are stoped (4x120mm fans). When I have big load on CPU. The CPU fan is starting to spin (in fact, is starting to spin when CPU temperature is bigger than 55 C)...when the system internal tempoerature is jumping from 38 also the sistem fans are starting to spin at the lowest rpm posible (somwhere around 400 rpm)...if temperature is droping back to 38...the fans will stop.
      So, the only noise is from hard drives and coils from power surce (the noise from coils is not audible).
      Any way...this was not my question...

Comment

Working...
      X