PDA

View Full Version : Any way to save BIOS settings when updating BIOS versions?

alternety
05-16-2013, 09:33 AM
I am reasonably certain the answer is no, but what the heck.

Just putting together a P8Z77-V Deluxe system. I presume that trying to keep settings through an update could lead to a mismatch between setting fields and the new code. What I would like is a way to save settings and reapply after a firmware update. Is there a way?

Assuming no, is there a way to capture the settings information to at least get a list of what they were prior to the update of the BIOS?

parsec
05-16-2013, 10:05 AM
My ASUS P67 board allows up to eight BIOS setting profiles to be saved and loaded. The option is called ASUS O.C. Profile and found in the Tools menu.

Your board may have this option elsewhere, but the BIOS profiles feature has been around for at least several years, my ASUS X58 board also has a BIOS profiles option. I would be surprised if your board does not have this feature.

You can also press the F12 key when in the BIOS to save screenshots of the current BIOS page.

My ASRock Z77 board has a Windows utility that allows you to save or load BIOS profiles in Windows, and saves the profiles on the OS drive. I don't know if ASUS has that feature too.

Some BIOS version updates add or change options to the extent that the profiles saved from the previous BIOS version will not work with the BIOS. In that case, the old profiles may be deleted automatically, as I have seen a few times.

alternety
05-19-2013, 03:08 PM
Thanks, I will look for that. I have not seen it mentioned in the documentation I have read so far.

wazza300
05-19-2013, 05:43 PM
you can also plug in a usb memory stick and take screenshots of each bios setting/page by pressing f12 I think it is

EDIT: ooops already mentioned