Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock driver installer crashes for H77 on Win 8 - 64-bit

Hello,

When I originally installed Win8-64bit on my new H77 board I had 2 unrecognized devices in my device manager listing. I then tried to update the drivers by letting the computer recursively search the drivers directory IIH77-10 CD that came with my board and it found a suitable driver for one of the devices but not the other. The only add-on devices I am using are simply RAM and an HDD. I tried to run the driver installer that's part of the ASRSetup.exe application on that CD but as soon as I clicked "Install All" on the drivers page the installer immediately crashed before it installed anything. If this is a Win 8 or a 64-bit issue I would appreciate a link to the appropriate installer application or driver.

Thanks,
    Ray

Re: ASRock driver installer crashes for H77 on Win 8 - 64-bit

Windows 8 requires many different drivers than those used for Windows 7. Windows 8 has many native drivers that it automatically installs. The majority of the drivers included on your board's driver installation CD are not compatible with Windows 8. That disk's drivers are no doubt older versions, even for Windows 7.

The best source of Windows 8 drivers for your board is its download page on ASRock's website. Choose Windows 8 64bit as the OS, and any available drivers will be listed:

ASRock > H77M

You won't find one, complete driver loading program on that download page. The one on your disk is just an interface that loads the individual drivers you can find on your board's download page.

The unknown device you have in Device Manager may be caused by the Intel Management Engine (IME) software not being installed. Check Programs and Features for Intel Management Engine Components, and if does not exist, download and install the IME software listed in the link I posted above. Some devices are software devices, they aren't all hardware.

You also may have features your board supports enabled in the BIOS that you are not using, and have not installed their necessary software. The Intel Smart Connect and Rapid Start features are examples of those. Either disable them in the BIOS, or install their software.

You may want to check if your board's BIOS is the latest version that supports Windows 8, which is 1.30.

Comment

Re: ASRock driver installer crashes for H77 on Win 8 - 64-bit

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      Windows 8 requires many different drivers than those used for Windows 7. Windows 8 has many native drivers that it automatically installs. The majority of the drivers included on your board's driver installation CD are not compatible with Windows 8. That disk's drivers are no doubt older versions, even for Windows 7.

The best source of Windows 8 drivers for your board is its download page on ASRock's website. Choose Windows 8 64bit as the OS, and any available drivers will be listed:

ASRock > H77M

You won't find one, complete driver loading program on that download page. The one on your disk is just an interface that loads the individual drivers you can find on your board's download page.

The unknown device you have in Device Manager may be caused by the Intel Management Engine (IME) software not being installed. Check Programs and Features for Intel Management Engine Components, and if does not exist, download and install the IME software listed in the link I posted above. Some devices are software devices, they aren't all hardware.

You also may have features your board supports enabled in the BIOS that you are not using, and have not installed their necessary software. The Intel Smart Connect and Rapid Start features are examples of those. Either disable them in the BIOS, or install their software.

You may want to check if your board's BIOS is the latest version that supports Windows 8, which is 1.30.

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I'll look into each of them. Ray

Comment

Working...
      X