Rumor of new AMD 1600+ AROIA Y O/Cing to 1900Mhz, the new 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor of new AMD 1600+ AROIA Y O/Cing to 1900Mhz, the new 1

I heard about a new AMD CPU from rumours off a friend, and its called the AROIA Y and i was told about the 1600+ one, which is at standard 1400Mhz, and they are over clocking to 1943mhz @ 1.75v locked at 185 FPS, with temps of around 50 degrees with adequate air cooling . Imagine what they can do when they are unlocked. Apparently they have different stepping's like "week 23 of 2002" which in turn determine the amount of overclocking which can be done. i found this site from another forum www.newegg.com which is selling them from something like $55, but i think it is a US site, but still approx $100 AUS is still very good value considering they can overclock 500Mhz. I'm not sure if they are available in Australia yet, but i am interested in your thoughts.

Really doesnt have too much to do with it being a new core. Most 1600+, 1700+, 1800+, 1900+, 2000+, 2100+ and 2200+ can only OC to around 2ghz due to the chip design. Not sure how well the new procs can OC though (2400+, 2600+, 2700+, 2800+).

Comment

If you find someone who still carries that model of CPU (XP1800+'s are the minimum stocked by most now) the it's likely to cost ya about $125aus. ;)
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Hate to dissapoint you, but a lot of the 1600+ AGOIA 0206 9's and AGOIA 1700+ 0216 Y's have been reaching that speed, and over 2Ghz :)
        Those sort of chips have been out for a while now

Comment

I will see where I can get my AIRGA 2200+ to then we'll talk.

Comment

Unless it's a Thoroughbred B don't expect to get to 2000MHz as a lot won't and very few go past without some extreme practises.

Comment

Well I may go and do some extreme practises :D

Comment

hate to ask stupid questions...but I'm new...

what does this mean???

1600+ AGOIA 0206 9's and AGOIA 1700+ 0216 Y's
                BIGJOE :confused:

Comment

The 5 main letters are the stepping (these use to be a good performance indicator but hasn't been that reliable since the XP's as most perform pretty much the same across steppings now with a few special exceptions up and down). The other numbers and letters denote week of manufacture (0206= week 6 2002) and batch (9's, Y's, etc) among others. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Xlnt_one
                    I heard about a new AMD CPU from rumours off a friend, and its called the AROIA Y and i was told about the 1600+ one, which is at standard 1400Mhz, and they are over clocking to 1943mhz @ 1.75v locked at 185 FPS, with temps of around 50 degrees with adequate air cooling . Imagine what they can do when they are unlocked. Apparently they have different stepping's like "week 23 of 2002" which in turn determine the amount of overclocking which can be done. i found this site from another forum www.newegg.com which is selling them from something like , but i think it is a US site, but still approx 0 AUS is still very good value considering they can overclock 500Mhz. I'm not sure if they are available in Australia yet, but i am interested in your thoughts.
                    I got one of the 1600+ chips from Newegg and I guess that your friend got the magic CPU. :laugh: I couldn't get it to go over 150fsb without locking up. That only gives you about 1575Mz with a locked cpu. That was going to 1.85V with a Volcano 7+. And that puppy was running HOT! Got it down to about 50C with 146fsb and 1.775V. I am not complaining as anything over 1400MHz is free, but I would be careful with "rumors." Besides, I got the 1600+ for us$55 and I paid about 3X that for my 1.4TB and this is still an improvement. :thumb:
                    Have you hugged a Midget today?

Comment

Steppings are NO guarantee of an OC, however, the 1600+ AGOIA and AROIAs are generally good OCing procs. I got mine for $53.00@newegg and had it running stable at 1950Mhz. That's great performance for $53.00 :eek:
                      Here's my 3DMark link with the 1600+

http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=4700343

Comment

doesn't it matter about the Mobo?

Comment

A lot depends on the motherboard as if it doesn't have the adjustments required for overclockin' then you just cant do it. ;)

Comment

Working...
                          X