CPU underclock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU underclock?

I have an amd 2000+ (1.67ghz), and its running at 1.26ghz, you guys have any ideas on why its running like that, and ohow i ocul fix it?

You have the FSB set to the wrong setting. Some motherboards have a jumper or dip switch to set this but others will just do this in the BIOS. ;)

However if the CPU is unlocked then you probably have the wrong multiplier sellected. :devil win
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

What type of mother board are you using?
      You FSB settings should be 133/133

Comment

Of the two different socket A boards i remember setting up whole systems on, one used a soltek, one an epox. Soltek, change a jumper, epox, simply change FSB from 100 to 133 in BIOS.

100x12.5 = 1250 = 1.25GHZ = Athlon 1250mhz
        133x12.5 = 1663 = 1.663GHZ = XP2000+

So quite simply youve got your FSB running at 100, instead of 133.

Comment

My Soltek you can *sorta* change it in both :p

Comment

On my mobo you can switch some dipswitches around to change the FSB. But yeah it's running at 100fsb instead of 133

Comment

Originally posted by SegiY
              My Soltek you can *sorta* change it in both :p
              Yes, i know what you mean, when i first bought my CPU i was like WTF the max value i can set in the BIOS is 132 :D

Comment

Yeah the Jumpers and BIOS settings apper to comunicate in strange ways on the soltek sometimes :?:

Comment

Originally posted by pga1234
                  On my mobo you can switch some dipswitches around to change the FSB. But yeah it's running at 100fsb instead of 133
                  You running yours at 100FSB or are you just implying on RoadRunners question?
                  - Damien

Comment

I think he was replying to him. Telling him that he was running it on 100 instead of 133.

Comment

alright, theres that problem solved :P

easy to fix aswell. Why cant all problems just be like that!

Comment

sometimes alot of problems are like that. Sometimes one of those most headache causing problems are so simple you just skip right over the solution. I've ran into several of those kind myself.

Comment

Then you say to yourself how ignorant you are...but in way you are happy you finally found the solution. That is a major thing in computer...which sometimes gets very fustrating.
                          - Damien

Comment

man, whatever works. if i put up a simple post that might help me along, thats what i'll do.
                            any opinions help solve a problem, and the more opinions i get, the easier the problem is to solve.

Comment

Working...
                            X