Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASUS N56-VZ | NVIDIA PROBLEM (You are not currently using a display attached to an Nvidia GPU)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS N56-VZ | NVIDIA PROBLEM (You are not currently using a display attached to an Nvidia GPU)

Hello guys,

I'm posting this because i'm running out of solutions

My pc is a: ASUS - N56VZ
    I bought an: 120GB 2.5-inch SSD 840 Series MZ-7TD120BW | Samsung Memory & Storage
    And an: SATA 2nd HDD Hard Drive Caddy for 9 5mm Universal CD DVD ROM Optical Bay | eBay

What i did:
    1-) I cloned my hdd to my ssd
    2-) Removed my hdd , and placed it in dvd place with the item bought from ebay posted above
    3-) Placed the cloned SSD were the HDD original was
    4-) Configurated BIOS to boot from the SSD
    5-) All went fine but when i tryed to play LoL , i noticed a FPS drop , with the HDD was 60 fps and with the SSD it was 30 fps
    6-) Since that was strange i tryed to open NVIDIA control panel , and a error appears "You are not currently using a display attached to an Nvidia GPU"
    7-) I went to Computer -> Manage -> Device Manager -> And clicked on NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
    8-) It gave me the error "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

I have no idea why that happened, so i tried to resolve the issue, the lines above is what i tried

1-) Updating the NVIDIA drivers with more recent ones, via official NVIDIA site (The problem persists)
    2-) Clean install NVIDIA drivers, unnistaling all the old ones (Problem persists)
    3-) Reformating Windows 7 64bits , in the SSD , installed the official drivers from the CD (Problem persists)
    4-) Removed the 2nd HDD (problem persists)
    5-) Removed the SSD , and placed the original HDD , where original was placed (Problem persists)
    6-) In method 5, all was back to default , HDD in right place , no SSD whatsoever and the problem keeps happening. (Problem persists)
    7-) Desactivated Intel Graphic Card, and succefully activated NVIDIA graphic Card, tryed to open LoL , and it gave me the error "direct3derror" (Problem persists)
    8-) Removed the hdd from the pc , placed the SSD as the primary disk, clean install windows 7 64 bits , installed the drivers from the orginal dvd of asus pc (Problem persists)
    9-) Posting this in this site , and pray for help (Problem persists)

I'm afraid i have damaged the hardware, but i dont think so, and i'm not completly sure if i still have warranty or not (via the changes i made)
    I'm thinking that it may be the OPTIMUS Tecnhology that is not working, I already tried to install it , but it appears the error "No compatible hardware detected"

Any help will be much appreciated
Working...
X