Quiet CPU fans...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quiet CPU fans...

Now that my computer is done and working fine, I'm looking for a quieter CPU fan. I'm using the stock fan right now and it's way too loud.

Can anyone recommend a quiet fan that cools well. I have an Athlon XP 2100+.

Thanks!

Go for the Thermaltake Volcano 7+ - you can adjust the fan speed based on how much cooling/noise you want. Also, you can't beat the solid copper heatsink.

:thumb:
    <table width="225" height="100" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td width="100"><p align="center"><font color="#003300" size="-3" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">AMD
    Athlon XP2500+ FSB333<br>
    Soltek SL-75FRN -L<br>
    2X256 Corsair XMS PC3200<br>
    80GB Deskstar 7200RPM</font>
    </p></td><td width="125"><p align="center"><font color="#003300" size="-3" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sound
    Blaster Live!<br>
    Volcano 7+<br>
    GeForce 4 Ti4200 64MB<br>
    19" TRINITRON CRT FLAT<br><br> ANTEC true430 PSU</font>
    </p></td></tr></table>

Comment

turn up yer speakers:D

Comment

look at some of the coolers that use 80mm fans in place of the std. 60 mm ones used on most heat sinks - the noise to performance ratio is usually somewhat better for them.

something like an Alpha PAL8045, Swiftech MCX462 or Thermalrite AX7 & SLK800 - one of these should be able to fit your budget whatever it is.

Comment

The Volcano 7+ is my pick to as full speed isn't necessary as medium speed is more than enough and quiter than a lot of others but low speed (silent) doesn't do to bad either still doin' better than a lot of others. ;)
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

^ hes had something to drink if you cant tell.

Yeah go with a Volcano 7+, even thou i dont use one, ive built PC's with em, and they do work damn good. My best friend has one and he sleeps with his on in his room. Weird i know. I use some off the wall 80mm i got off uBid, but my PC is in another room from where i sleep, and usually off when not using it.

Comment

Definately go with the Volcano 7+. I also sleep with mine in my room. I don't think it's that weird, in my case it's call College. Although to sleep with it I have to keep it on low. I tried medium but it was like trying to sleep with a vacuum. If medium on the Volcano 7+ is quite, I sure don't want to hear those other CPU Fans.
              I even used the thermal compound that comes with the Volcano 7+, and it is working fine.

Comment

Well in college i slept in the closet (weird, i know, but it fit my bed perfectly, and it was always dark, perfect for sleeping in the middle of the day) but my roomate still wanted both PCs off at nite....

Comment

Trust me, you'll get used to the noise...i have my Vol. 7+ at full blast...and its not that loud compared to my three 120mm blowing away.
                  - Damien

Comment

My idea.....

Got a old House/Window fan laying around the house? Rip(take off carefully) the sidepanel.. Stick the fan so it will blow into the case.. And BAM!

(this tutorial should only be used by people who have no love for there system.. and want it to die eventally:cheers: )

--------------------OR-------------------------
                    Just turn the damn thing off.. Save electricity whichs turns into saving natural resources, Keeping the earth in DECENT condition..
                    and so on .. blah blah :D but turning it off makes a Alot smaller electricity bill.

Comment

A big heatsink EG: ThermalRight SLK-800 and a slow fan as suggested here would be my choice.

Not cheap, but silence is worth the price IMO.:zzz:

Comment

Working...
                      X