• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock B75M-ITX: Mouse/Keyboard problems

Hi,
    her are my problems with the Asrock B75M-ITX mainboard:

Hardware I use:
    Asrock B75M-ITX mainboard, BIOS P1.20
    Logitech Cordless Rechargeable Desktop Y-RK49 + Logitech Cordless Rechargeable Optical Mouse M-RAK89D
    (mouse: PS2, keyboard: USB)

From time to time I do have problems with my keyboard/mouse being recognized by the mainboard.
    Even after system start I often can't input my password (for Truecrypt encrypted SSD).
    It seems some keyboard presses aren't recognized; example of a short Notepad test (a-z; 1-0):
    Code:
    [FONT=arial black][SIZE=2]abcdefghijlmnopqrstuvwxyz
    abcdefghijklmnopqrstvwxy
    abcdefghjklmnopqrtuvwxyz
    abcdefghijklmnopqrstuwxyz
    abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwyz
    abdefhijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
    abcdefghijklmnopqrtuvwxyz
    [/SIZE][/FONT]

I tried the following things:
    Flashed BIOS to 1.3, 1.6 and 1.7 versions -> With these versions I do have massive/more keyboard problems.
    Even on my 1.2 version I do have problems on system startup. A disconnection/reconnection of the USB receiver
    often solves the problem completely. Right now I am typing without any problems with my keyboard :)

Tested the devices on another machine:
    On my mobile netbook I connected my keyboard/mouse via USB only and it works fine.
    Same connection USB only on the Asrock B75M-ITX: no keyboard being recognized.

Fully charged my 4 AA Eneloops.

Tried all 4 USB2.0 & 2 USB3.0 ports on the mainboard - USB3.0 seems to have
    even more problems to recognize my devices...

Many times I pressed the "connect" button on my USB receiver/devices to force
    new secure connection.

Disconnected/reconnected USB receiver several times right after system startup / inside Windows.

My keyboard has USB<->PS2 adapter so I tried to use both keyboard & mouse via 1xPS2<->2xPS2 adapter.
    With this adapter it isn't recognized on system startup.

Now I bought an adpater to port my mouse from PS2 to USB. Hopefully this can solve my problems.

Re: Asrock B75M-ITX: Mouse/Keyboard problems

USB adapter didn't change anything. Now I bought new Logitech mouse/keyboard set "MK520". Here problems do occour, too. Mouse seems to micro-freeze every xx seconds and sometimes my keyboard stops writing characters. They will appear after some seconds of idleing. During the weekend I will install Windows 7 again to see if anything there was broken...

Comment

Working...
    X