Unlocking XP 1800 & Multipliers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlocking XP 1800 & Multipliers

This is my first Overclocking experiment. Ive got a SOYO Lite board, AMD 1800 XP, 512 MB PC2100 DDR(cheap Memory i'm afraid) I was able to up my CPU clock to 140 MHZ which boosted the Proccessor speed to 1.61 MHZ. I then followed the guide on this site to unlock the my XP 1800 to boost the speed a little more. the question I've got is, after the proccessor is unlocked, and I raised the Multiplier settings to x13 the computer is still showing 1.61 MHZ, does this mean I was unsuccessful in the unlocking proccess?? any help will be greatly appreciated.

Yes your 1st attempt has sadly failed so try it again and if ya got yourself some reasonable memory then that would help even more. ;)

Good luck with the next go. :thumb:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Dang, the bridges looked good, I thought I had it. But am I right in assuming that if the unlocking went correctly I'd see the Proccessor Freq. increase with the boosted Multipliers?

Comment

It happens to all of us from time to time... especially with the Athlon XP processors. They tend to be a little more finicky than the old Thunderbird variety.

BTW... Are (or were) you what the name reflects?
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Once a Jar head...Always a Jar Head:cheers:
          Got out in '97 still working for the Gov't though. just can't seem to get away

You?

Comment

I feel your pain, I just got finished unlocking my 1700+, took 6 trys. hang in there man you'll get it.

BIGJOE

Comment

13 years ending in '94 myself. Was gonna go career but Slick Willy took care of that. :(
              My Toys

Comment

Well I hope it doesnt take 5 more tries, Taking this Rig apart is a pain in the ass, I know that the Conductive Grease Bridges were sound, could it be that I need to scrape the Contact points a little first?

Why do you think I didnt re-up? Well, at least theres a Bush in the White House again. Where in Texas you from? I'm in houston.

Comment

One of the tricks for making the conductive pathways is to take a small piece of tape and then dot the contacts with a pin. The pressure will cause any contaminants to stick to the tape and then give you a clean work area for the conductive grease.

I'm in Amarillo. Was here as a recruiter in the late 80s and then came back after I got out because the wife is from here.
                  My Toys

Comment

If your brave you could use the cleaner that came with kit, I noticed the vallies were still full inbetween each of my 6 ties.

BIGJOE

P.S. I'm I Dallas, good to see some texans round here.

Comment

Teufelhound, to get it rite...
                      Try taping off each of the gaps individually so that when you take off the tape, you can take off any excess filler.
                      This way you won't have to waste time cleaning up your mistakes around the lasercut.

:cheers:

Comment

What do you mean "Tape off the Gaps idividually"? I've tried to Unlock that damn thing 5 times. and the only Multiplier I can use is the 13X or auto, anything else and I'm resetting the Ole CMOS. I've been able to OC it to 1.7 GHZ, But of course I WANT MORE:D
                        I read on another site that people have been using a crayon to fill the gaps instead of the Filler provided in the Kit. Anyone tried that?

By the way,
                        Thanks for all the help everyone

Comment

I actually use the missus' clear nail varnish to fill the pits and nail varnish remover to clean up the pits and mistakes, saves me buyin' them plus the container of conductive paint I've got should do a hundred or so Palaminos (even more Thoroughbreds). ;)
                          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Hi all,

My old mobo bios does not have [clock multiply] option. Can someone tell me how to change default clock multiplication on the XP chip?

Thanks

Comment

For Palamino CPU's and for Thoroughbred CPU's. ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X