Asrock Extreme 6 FM2 motherboard with AMD A10 6800K APU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock Extreme 6 FM2 motherboard with AMD A10 6800K APU

I did a careful build with this board and am ready to pull out the little of my remaining hair. Right now the bios comes up recognizes my memory and recognizes a Atatapi,AHCI device without specifiying it, and recognizes my mouse and keyboard. It says you can use del or F2 to go to settings or F1 to continue. Nothing happens when I try any of these options on my usb keyboard that works fine on my primary computer. The keyboard is only recognized by bios when I use a ps/2 to usb adapter for my ps/2 mouse which seems odd. I see inside the case 99 listed for error code. I tried cmos del button and lifting battery but it will ultimately lead to same dilemma. Any pointers will help. You may send me a private response if you don't mind at [email protected]. I find by default this bios boots up too fast and gives no opportunity to enter bios setup. I'm in Catch 22 land . Thanks for any useful tips you may provide. I never have these problems on my Asus motherboards. I should mention it stalls at these choices nevers gets to boot the hard drive.

Re: Asrock Extreme 6 FM2 motherboard with AMD A10 6800K APU

if there is a usb2 port I would try to use that one for mouse and keyboard

Comment

Re: Asrock Extreme 6 FM2 motherboard with AMD A10 6800K APU

[QUOTE=dejo;460758]if there is a usb2 port I would try to use that one for mouse and keyboard[/QUOTE

Been there done that. Apparently I had to swap out the ps/2 mouse and use a dedicated usb mouse in order for this querky bios to allow me to use the keyboard. Then I was able to enter the bios enable all usb power and then boot. They need work on that bios it is not ready to use out of the box. My Asus Crosshair V formula Z has so much better and more reliable bios. I saved 40 bucks with this board over the best Asus FM2 motherboard. The Asrock got good reviews, for some reason I can't figure out. Certainly their AMD products are not ready for prime time.
      Sour grapes aside , it is working now.

Comment

Working...
      X