Anyone seen this before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone seen this before?

Well I installed BF 1942 on my new computer. And the pic below is what I get. Now I have uninstalled and re-installed the game and I get the same thing. Does anyone know how to fix this?

similar thing happened with GTA3, updating directX fixed it.

Comment

It's Direct X v8.1 :rolleyes2

Comment

Yep, same thing happened to my bro and his Gta3, seen games that looks that way many times and fixed it with a newer directx version, but as pga said, it is already 8.1 with win xp. WTF is the problem...?? He can't play the game, maybe it is his point of view ti 200 that is putting aliens in his system...

Comment

The fix for this prob. in GTA3 was this file : http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...1_x86_ENU.exe. If you are using windows XP and a Nvidia video card this may solve your problem.
          Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

I have a Radeon 9700:rolleyes2

Comment

Worth a try with the R9700 I'd say as well.
              Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
              Managing Director
              Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by PrairieDawg
                The fix for this prob. in GTA3 was this file : http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...1_x86_ENU.exe. If you are using windows XP and a Nvidia video card this may solve your problem.
                Link doesnt work... :cry:

Comment

Sorry about the "missing link". I got it from the read me file on GTA3 and it was working about a month ago. You may still be able to find what you need from Microsoft's website. What the link pointed to was an updated dll file for direct x (d3d8.dll ... I think) that did not ship with windows xp. The file also solves hibernation problems on some systems so that may be a good starting point for the file search.
                  Might sound like a dumb question but have you read the "read me" file that shipped with you game and have you visited the manufacturers web site and checked for issuses discovered after the game was distributed?
                  Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

sorry pga I have not. So far my games seem to be running great with my radeon!!!! you might want to try the rage3d.com forums to see if anyone there has been having problems. Also, you might want to download the newest drivers from them! :thumb:

Comment

Hey saidin, what drivers do you have for your Radeon?

Comment

I am using the ones on the rage3d site....WinXP - 6.13.6193...

Comment

Ok those drivers are different from mine... wil dl those and see if they work :thumb:

Comment

Yeah, I think the newest ones are supposed to fix it even though they are still beta, the full version should be out soon...

Comment

They arent the full version yet? Sheesh they are already 20megs :cry:

Comment

Working...
                              X