Opteron SPEC CPU 2000 Scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opteron SPEC CPU 2000 Scores

This just came thru AMDZone (yeah I know) but it's from AMD's Opteron MPF Presentation.
    There's not much so I'll just copy and paste it. ;)

Thanks to Dave Graham, our new storage review man, for sending me this Opteron MPF presentation. Rob Squires is doing some MPF coverage for us, and he should have something up soon. The presentation has a number of interesting things, including SPEC CPU 2000 scores.<table border="0" width=75%><tr><td width=20%>SPECCPU2000
    SPECint 2000
    SPECfp 2000</td><td width=20%>Opteron 2GHz
    1170</td><td width=20%>Athlon XP 2800+ nForce 2
    843</td><td width=20%>Dell 2.8GHz P4
    947</td><td width=20%>Dell 2.8GHz Xeon
    887</td></tr></table> So we see the Opteron samples they were showing at MPF were at 2GHz with several months to go before introduction. This may signal much greater speeds at launch for both Clawhammer and Opteron.
    Doesn't look bad at all. Oh and ya can get AMD's .pdf presentation in .zip form here (421KB). : peace2:
    <center></center>

This is good. I knew AMD had it in them. Now if only they can keep up and release them instead of delaying these puppies. Cause Intel's new 3GHz with hyperthreading is sure gonna rape.

I'm not sure if I calculated it right but this would means its 71.4% faster?

Comment

Hyperthreading is going to be good but AMD is planning something that is even better. Now if I could remember what it was called. GRRRRRR :cry:

Comment

damn! I just read in eetimes that the Opteron won´t be released until mid-03, and the desktop hammer until late-2003......
        I just hope that Barton AXP´s has enough punch to keep AMD in the game; but Intel is so friggin´ agressive... :cry:

Comment

Don't be surprise if "Barton" turns out a little different to what was originally promised and the same goes for the "Hammers". Things went on during that Thoroughbred redesign that are having a flow on effect I think you'll find. :devil win
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

What do u mean by "a little different"???

Comment

Just don't be surprised if a few of the specs are increased (FSB is a good posability and maybe some architecture changes). ;)

Comment

I don't know how long this link will last plus it's in German but the figures don't need explainin'. ;)

http://www.3dcenter.org/artikel/2002/10-18.php

Comment

lol ausome. now that is what I call rape.

Comment

This is an interesting little read as well, http://www.tomshardware.com/mainboar...017/index.html ;)

Comment

niiice....I'm looking forward to one. That will most definitly be my next upgrade of course after I come here and see how everyone is doing with them and reading reviews and stuff. Then I'll spend the cash

Comment

Myself I think the 2nd half of next year should be long enough. ;)

Comment

Nice link Wiggo :thumb:,

I think the first upgrade to this comp (which wont be for 4-7 months) will be either a new proc or a new mobo :thumb:

Comment

you just got your new hardware and are already looking to upgrade? My computer I got a year ago and don't have any intentions of upgrading except for upgrading to hammer.

Comment

I am not looking to upgrade... I prolly wont have the money in 4-7 months

Comment

Working...
                              X