Quake 3 Point release 1.32

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake 3 Point release 1.32

I heard that the new point release causes higher pings. Anyone have any problems with the new point release?

I am fairly sure I have noticed a slight increase in ping times (but it is hard to tell when ya got ultra crap pings anyways :P ).

I think the increase has got something to do with adding in PunkBuster support (the release notes say that this should only be for the first 20 mins (not sure if they mean first 20 from when you install it and play or each 20 mins you join a server)

Comment

well the first 20 minutes you install and the first 20 minutes you join is a huge difference. But I think they ment that second choice. Anyway I think I'm gonna hear some more opinions from more people before I install it.

Comment

I noticed my frame rates have dropped on some maps when playing with 8 or more people online as well.

Comment

I have noticed my ping is pretty high, but not that bad. Also, I have noticed a lot of servers have not updated to the new popint release....which means that I cannot play on them. This is at least true for the CTF servers...I do not know about the other styles of game play....

Comment

Working...
          X