MDK 9 Help -- CD Burner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MDK 9 Help -- CD Burner

Does anyone know of a good how-to or can give me step by step instructions on how to setup the cd-burner to be recognized and work in Mandrake 9.0..I have tried everything I can think of to no success..thanks.

Even though your CD-Writer is IDE, it will be recognized as a SCSI (/dev/scd0) . Most CD-Writing programs should automatically detect the drive. BTW, what CD-Writer do you have?

Comment

I have a sony CD-RW CRX160E....and I was finally able to get it working last night. When I did "cdrecord -scanbus" it wasn't showing up as a scsi drive, but after changing a few things I was finally able to get it working. Thanks.

Comment

Anytime. Another good thing about Linux is that with X CD-Roast, I can actually overburn CD's without failure! I couldn't do that in Nero! :D

Comment

cool...what do you think is better...it looks like I have X-CD-Roast and Eroaster...just wondering.

Comment

I started by using GToaster, but now I use X CD Roast. The two major reasons why I recommend X CD Roast are the following:

- Can overburn CD's
            - Is the only writer to use a variety of CD-R's, from 20 minutes (175 MB) all the way to 99 minutes (870 MB)!

I'm not sure about VCD Creating, but I could look it up.

Comment

Ok..cool...thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X