Gigabyte Motherboard and TDK Burner Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte Motherboard and TDK Burner Help

I have the Gigabyte 7VAXP and a TDK burner... The motherboard can see the drive in the Bios however it can't be seen in my OS. Any Ideas? :afro:

This just sounds like a setup prob so please tell us what you have connected to each IDE and how it's been set (master/slave/etc)? ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

having the same problem here, I have installed a WD 80 gb with 8mb cash and my PC can not see the disk in bios but when I enter the bios its recognised as a 80 gb in users setting and I have to go to the bios to change it every time to "auto" before I can start my pc! I tried all the ide ports but nothing works. Before I had installed 2 maxtors 80 gb in raid and had no problem with that! But in raid I had other problems so I sold both HD and bought this WD because the tests where so good and now I have even more problems than ever seen before. I've already built a lot of computers and never had this before. I tried for 6 hours to solve the problem, tried all possible things in bios but nothing helped so far ! Tried to flash the bios but there was no newer version available! And i like to keap thid disk , my brother is using it to with a ecs motherboard and he had no problems at all with it ! The disk performs great ! Help us out please and can somebody give me the website of gigabyte so i can send them a mail to !!!

Comment

Here's Gigabyte's site:

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/

I'm a little confused when you say that it is recognised in the bios as an 80gb but you have to set it to auto to boot. What parameter changes when it is set to auto?

Comment

And what IDE channel are you using? :?:

Comment

I have a Primary 36G (Master) Plextor 16X burner (Slave)... Secondary TDK48X burner (Master) no slave... IDE 3 WD 60G (Master) WD 60G (Slave)..... Nothing on IDE 4. Gigabyte 7VAXP with 2K xp AMD, 512M DDR400, Asus TI4200 128M and SB Live.

Comment

Katana21

I see a couple of problems with your setup that may be unrelated to the burner problem. First, I wouldn't put an optical drive on the same channel as the hard drive if it's the boot drive. If it's not the boot drive, I would make it the slave to the optical drive if you are looking for performance in drive-to-drive cd coping. Are the 2 60gb drives supposed to be raid0? If they are, they should each be master on their own channel. Even if it's a JBOD setup I would do that, as then one drive would not have to wait on the other. As a test, you could move the Plextor drive to the secondary ide channel (temporarily disconnect the TDK) and see if the os sees it. This will verify that the ide channel is working properly.

Comment

Working...
              X