DVD Player Advice Required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD Player Advice Required

Well guys, I'm looking to buy a set top DVD player soon either by Pioneer or Panasonic.

The plan is to hook it up to my PC through Video In (through Radeon 9700 Pro) and Optical In (through Sound Blaster Extigy).

I'm a bit of a sound freak, I always like to have the best quality sound, like Dolby Digital. At the moment I use a set of Altec Lansing 641 speakers (4.1) but will look at getting a new Audigy 2 and 6.1 speaker system before much longer.

Eventually I'll use the DVD player and hook it up to a TV with extranal non-PC speaker system and so on.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on the project, any tips or suggestions.

Cheers!

:cheers:
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Just a couple other things I forgot to ask... Would it be worth me buying a better quality card for Video In? Any suggestions?

And is it really worth me upgrading from an Extigy to Audigy 2?
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

digital is digital as long as you have the highest quality converters 24\96 wich your card should handle . if not look into the conversion rate , S\N ratio and thigs like that s=signal n-noise

Comment

Cool, I'll look into it.
        Managing Director
        Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Anymore tips people??? :)
          Managing Director
          Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Upgrade to the internal audigy card for sure. The extigy are a bit iffy. just like every other usb sound device.

Dont think youll get much better quality than the raedon 9700 either. Ask someone or compare the raedon vid in/out chipset with matrox's parhelia card. I havnt got either card handy (for obvious reasons), but matrox were known for pretty darn good vid de/encoding chipsets. Whether thats still true i dunno.

Comment

Altec Lansing 641 W00T!!! Just wanted to add that the speakers kick ass, they bring a lot of power but also a lot of clarity and don't break the bank. And they get bonus hardcore points because everything with the system is BIG. Anyways, just wanted to add my two cents since I found another 641 owner :)

Comment

Hehe, that's why they got an Editors Choice a while back in my May 2002 Roundup!

Managing Director
                Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Working...
                X