Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MX460 no boot up

Can any body out there advise me please! I had a ga71xe4 mobo
    with tnt2 card- ran without problems.upgraded to gainward GF4 mx 460 card - ran a lot better.
    Have now upgraded to K7S5A mobo but despite intensive checking of connections it will not boot up with MX-460 installed.Will boot up with old tnt2 card which is what i am having to use at present.Have checked mx-460 on old mobo and it still works.
    Is there any setting on the bios or mobo I can change or is it purely a compatibility problem.As you can probably gather,I am a bit of a 'Dumbo' on these things

It could very well be a compatibility problem...are both of these video cards AGP? Or both PCI?

Comment

There's very little in the BIOS's on those boards but it's very likely a power issue that you're having more than an incompatibility prob as those motherboards demand high 3.3v & 5v rail outputs which a lot of power supplies can't supply (I know as I have that mobo here and had to replace the PSU). If you head over to here you may get some better answers. : peace2:
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

They are both AGP!! use the same slot! good with one not with t'other.

Comment

WIGGO

Cheers mate, the link you gave me should give me enough reading material for a week, but I have no doubt I will find an answer in there somewhere,so thanks again

Comment

Working...
          X