PC-343B (new version) and E-ATX Dual CPU Motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC-343B (new version) and E-ATX Dual CPU Motherboard

I want to buy the PC-343B (new version) for my home server and I want to fit inside an E-ATX dual CPU motherboard (like the Asus Z9PE-D8 WS). Is this possible? Any ideas on how to mod it in order to fit one?

Re: PC-343B (new version) and E-ATX Dual CPU Motherboard

Originally posted by non-serviam View Post
    I want to buy the PC-343B (new version) for my home server and I want to fit inside an E-ATX dual CPU motherboard (like the Asus Z9PE-D8 WS). Is this possible? Any ideas on how to mod it in order to fit one?
    Hi non-serviam,

The PC-343B will fit an E-ATX board no problem. Some eshops mistakenly put this case as only supporting ATX, we are looking into correcting this.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Lian Li Tech View Post
      Hi non-serviam,

The PC-343B will fit an E-ATX board no problem. Some eshops mistakenly put this case as only supporting ATX, we are looking into correcting this.

Thanks
      Thats great news! :D
      Do you know if I would be able to fit a dual cpu mobo with the 5.25 bays filled with the Icy Dock MB155SP-B tray? ^_^

Comment

Thats great news! :D
        Do you know if I would be able to fit a dual cpu mobo with the 5.25 bays filled with the Icy Dock MB155SP-B tray? ^_^
        You should have no problem, as the Icy Dock MB155SP-B only takes up three 5.25" bays, and you have 18 bays to choose from. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Lian Li Tech View Post
          You should have no problem, as the Icy Dock MB155SP-B only takes up three 5.25" bays, and you have 18 bays to choose from. :)
          I am going to put 6 of them (fill all the bays) this is why I am asking if the motherboard will fit. :)

Comment

I am going to put 6 of them (fill all the bays) this is why I am asking if the motherboard will fit. :)
            This would be a problem, as is the length of the of the Icy Dock (20cm) would most likely be positioned over the second CPU. If you want to go for a dual CPU EATX motherboard and a lot of storage, I would suggest the PC-D8000. The HDD cages are 3.5" (instead of many 5.25"), so you couldn't use that Icy Dock model, but there are many other options.

Comment

Working...
            X