Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on my temps ....

Hi -

I am thinking of replacing my heatsink/fan with a new one, for various reason's ... one being of course that I think my temps are a bit to high, but not sure ... I have two questions:

1) are my temps high low or borderline ?

2) what heatsink should I get ? I was thinking Shiftech MCXC370 or Thermaltake Volcano 7.

Thanks for any help :)

specs:

MB: ASUS KTV133 rev. 1.05
    BIOS: 1007
    CPU: AMD-XP 1700+ Vcore1.75
    OC: NO
    MEM: 1+ GIG
    HD: 6 Maxtors/60gig's
    VIDEO: GeForce3 23.11 drv.

Current Temps:
    CPU 55c very small load
    MB 31c
    CPU FAN 5868 rpm

: )

maybe you should check out the Alpha PAL8045 as they are a great cooler and a pleasure to install
    SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
    Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

Comment

Yeah go for the alpha!

Comment

I'm not sure of the price of the Alpha's but I think they are around the price of the Swiftech MCXC370.

My MCXC370 cost me $AU147 delivered from the States and was a dream to install with its 3-prong clips. Its cooling is almost as good as the MC462A on #2son's machine ($AU200). If you have a look at the cooling comparison on Overclockers.com you will see the Swiftech coolers occupy the top 3 spots, closely followed by the Alpha. The MCXC370 (papst 33cfm fan) is quieter than the MC462 (delta 68cfm fan).

Given that the Swiftechs and the Alpha coolers are approaching the limits of straight air cooling, and both AMD and Intel are limited by the heat their offerings generate, either of the coolers will probably remain state-of-the-art and last you a long time.

Good luck

Comment

its only about $120 something for a PAL8045 from www.below-0.com in aust (qld)
          SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!

Comment

The Alpha gets my endorsment - I have one w/an 80cfm delta fan - a little noisy, but it cools a ton.
            You can get good perfromance with a 42 cfm Sunon too, if noise is an issue.

Comment

or a 50cfm sunon... or even just a 12v/7v/5v switch... :)

Comment

I think the sunon cools better!

Comment

:snip: :shoot2:

:D

Cool, i like the smilies, just tryin them out.

Shepps

Comment

Yeah they are the best!

Comment

I would say go with the Alpha as well, I got one on my system and it works super well. Using a 53cfm fan and it's not all that loud or I'm just used it as I run it with the case side off and it doesn't bother me. Hmm, maybe it's time to have my hearing checked...
                      I found a pretty good use for some of my old heatsinks, it's snowing pretty good right now and I warm my tiny little house with a wood stove and threw a bunch of them on top of it and I use a fan blowing on the thing anyway and I could swear the house heated up faster.. :laugh:
                      I have a ton of extra heatsinks so I found a use for them after all...

Comment

Working...
                      X