Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Fast is my Data Transfer?

Hi Guys

Would any of you networking guru's know of a proggy that when installed and run can display the speed of the data transfer on a 100Mbps ethernet network in the form of KB/s or MB/s?

Thanx in advance guys.... :thumb:

100mbit network runs at 10megbyte.but becuase networks don't really run as fast as they say they run its really only running at 7 or 8megabyte. But I don't know of a program.

Comment

that sisoft sandra or something like that its a benchmarking tool for basically everthing

Comment

analogx netstat live

www.analogx.com

Comment

Yes they have a lot of handy programs there. :)

The best thing as working well is that they're free. :thumb:

Comment

I found a neat little proggy by the name of DU Meter which I'm using at the moment which also ain't bad.

You guys should have a go and see what you think about it.... :)

Comment

Originally posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN
              100mbit network runs at 10megbyte.but becuase networks don't really run as fast as they say they run its really only running at 7 or 8megabyte. But I don't know of a program.
              You are so right, ReSpAwN mate.

I always thought that by running a 100Mbps network enabled speeds of a maximum of 12.5MB/sec as that what 100Mbps works out to be, correct?

After transering a 400MB back and forth I found I could only send and receive data at a max of 6 to 7MB but I do know that there are other things to take into account for example, system hardware performance.

Comment

Working...
              X