X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems with hardware (HDD?) when trying to install winxp

hi there,

i bought myself a new computer:

motherboard is gigabyte with KT400 and other fancy stuff. i also have hdd WD 120gb 7200rpm ata100.

when turning on the computer, it checks for some ata133 stuff and it tells nothing was found. that's okay,... but when i try to install windows xp it loads the controllers (asks me also for installing raid or scsi), then.. when it say that he wants to go into windows (installation) blue screen appears and it says that i should check hard drive for viruses or hard drive if i have any new disks.

can someone tell me what's wrong because i don't have a clue here!

i think some jumpers or bios settings arent good. in bios i also used that function to make all settings by default/safe configuraion, but it doesn't help

please please help me with this,

thanks

Gregor

If you have nothing connected to the RAID controller then go into the BIOS and disable it then see if that makes a difference. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

in bios there is only a raid function which you can move to ATA or RAID. if i move it on RAID, then the boot install won't even begin.

so.. any ideas?

Comment

I think that you maybe looking in the wrong place to disable the controller, I have the model before yours and it is there somewhere. Check the motherboard manual as that should tell you where. ;)
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

What specific mobo do you have and how have you set up your ide devices?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregor
            in bios there is only a raid function which you can move to ATA or RAID. if i move it on RAID, then the boot install won't even begin.

so.. any ideas?
            It will boot from RAID, but you have to go into the RAID area and set that up (not sure where that is, haven't done that yet) Otherwise, select ATA, make sure the HDD is connected to the IDE 1, and then boot into the BIOS and go to the autodetect IDE function. If you cant get XP loaded from there, i'd try taking the HDD to another PC, partitioning and formating it. Other than that the primary IDE channel didn't need to load drivers for an XP install. And i built a PC for a friend o mine last nite with that exact board. Nice and fast when it was done. He's gonna setup the RAID in a couple weeks (which means im gonna have to do it) so ill know about the RAID soon enough.

Comment

Working...
            X