PDA

View Full Version : Questions about PC-D600 Case

Burnt Orange
01-22-2014, 06:29 PM
(1) Does the PC-D600 support the SSI CEB motherboard form factor? I recall seeing a news release that says that it does, but the PC-D600 page on lian-li.com does not mention this form factor. We plan to use an Asus P9X79-E WS motherboard.

(2) Is there any way to get a left side panel without a window? We would like a side panel with sound proofing.

Thanks.

Lian Li Tech
01-28-2014, 05:07 PM
(1) Does the PC-D600 support the SSI CEB motherboard form factor? I recall seeing a news release that says that it does, but the PC-D600 page on lian-li.com does not mention this form factor. We plan to use an Asus P9X79-E WS motherboard.

(2) Is there any way to get a left side panel without a window? We would like a side panel with sound proofing.

Thanks.

Hi Burnt Orange - Longhorns fan I'm guessing?

1) Yes, it will. The standoffs may have to be adjusted though.

2) I'm afraid the window panel is the only panel available for now.

Burnt Orange
01-30-2014, 12:37 AM
Thanks for answering, Lian Li Tech. Very helpful. I guess we can try the case and apply sound absorber if necessary. Maybe you could make a suggestion to Lian Li to offer a solid side panel on the D600. Go Longhorns!

gigabyter
02-12-2014, 05:18 AM
Really excited about the PC-D600WA. Add me as another vote for Lian Li to offer a solid side panel on the D600. More questions:

(3) Why isn't there venting under the PSU? Would have been better to have the PSU draw in cool outside air.

(4) Are the side panels interchangeable?

Thanks.

- wardog -
02-12-2014, 06:43 AM
(5) Who has the best price on the aluminum version?

Including shipping to ............ Monrovia? Suva? Yellowknife?

Lian Li Tech
02-12-2014, 09:28 AM
Really excited about the PC-D600WA. Add me as another vote for Lian Li to offer a solid side panel on the D600. More questions:

(3) Why isn't there venting under the PSU? Would have been better to have the PSU draw in cool outside air.

(4) Are the side panels interchangeable?

Thanks.

Hi Gigabyter,

Thanks for your questions.

(3) Why isn't there venting under the PSU? Would have been better to have the PSU draw in cool outside air. - With three 140mm fans blowing air across the compartment of the PC-D600 with the power supply, there is enough unrestricted airflow in the compartment according to our tests that it was not needed. The power supply sits pretty high off the case floor due to the rubberized rails, and since there aren't any hard drives blocking airflow in this compartment, fresh air isn't a problem.

(4) Are the side panels interchangeable? - They indeed are.

gigabyter
02-12-2014, 09:58 AM
Thanks so much! I assume the PSU rubberized rails are for noise control. I can think of an advantage with this PSU mounting orientation: No PSU bottom intake filter to clean! More questions:

(5) Can the "USB3.0 X4 / HD Audio" unit be repositioned to the bottom slot? I'd like to reposition the HDD cages to the top slots and put everything else in the bottom slots (USB3.0 X4 / HD Audio, optical drives, etc.).

(6) Is there any way to order a "replacement" solid (right side) panel?

(7) Is there sufficient clearance to apply sound dampening to the side panels?

Thanks again!

Hi Gigabyter,

Thanks for your questions.

(3) Why isn't there venting under the PSU? Would have been better to have the PSU draw in cool outside air. - With three 140mm fans blowing air across the compartment of the PC-D600 with the power supply, there is enough unrestricted airflow in the compartment according to our tests that it was not needed. The power supply sits pretty high off the case floor due to the rubberized rails, and since there aren't any hard drives blocking airflow in this compartment, fresh air isn't a problem.

(4) Are the side panels interchangeable? - They indeed are.

Burnt Orange
02-12-2014, 06:06 PM
Thanks for posting your questions, Gigabyter. We seem to be thinking along the same lines.

I like your angle about the right side panel. Lian-Li does sell several replacement side panels, so that may be an option.

What drew us to the D600 is the external 5 1/4 inch bays. We still use two optical drives a lot and want to be able to also install a fan controller with knobs and also an I/O panel. Therefore, we need four bays. After further thought, having the straight-through airflow across the motherboard seems to be a real benefit. (We use air cooling to avoid the hassle of water cooling.)

I know that all the "experts" say to install the power supply so that it takes in outside air. But then you have the problem of needing a dust filter, especially when the power supply is on the bottom. Besides, it used to be that almost all PCs exhausted inside air through the power supply. Based on this, I've always installed the power supply to take in inside air and have never had a problem. It provides a little extra motherboard cooling.

Burnt Orange

gigabyter
02-12-2014, 10:48 PM
You are welcome Mr. Orange. We are most definitely thinking similarly.

Mounting the PSU to intake outside air potentially will result in lower PSU fan noise due to likely lower fan RPMs, but at least there is one less filter to clean.

My main concern about this case is noise. I don't want to hear it when idling which is why I'm looking at applying some sound deadening. Of course, I don't want to compromise cooling.

I've never used water cooling before but this case cries out for a nice big 280 or 420 rad. I wonder if such a solution would be quieter than a big 'ol HSF. I'm looking at the Corsair H110 and am wondering if it would be best to mount it front left or right rear.

Do you have a particular HSF in mind? The Captherm Systems MP1120 would be my 1st choice but don't know when it will be available.

Thanks for posting your questions, Gigabyter. We seem to be thinking along the same lines.

I like your angle about the right side panel. Lian-Li does sell several replacement side panels, so that may be an option.

What drew us to the D600 is the external 5 1/4 inch bays. We still use two optical drives a lot and want to be able to also install a fan controller with knobs and also an I/O panel. Therefore, we need four bays. After further thought, having the straight-through airflow across the motherboard seems to be a real benefit. (We use air cooling to avoid the hassle of water cooling.)

I know that all the "experts" say to install the power supply so that it takes in outside air. But then you have the problem of needing a dust filter, especially when the power supply is on the bottom. Besides, it used to be that almost all PCs exhausted inside air through the power supply. Based on this, I've always installed the power supply to take in inside air and have never had a problem. It provides a little extra motherboard cooling.

Burnt Orange

Burnt Orange
02-13-2014, 07:12 PM
Gigabyter, thanks for the tip about the CapTherm MP-1120. I follow PC components off and on, but had missed that one. If it is as good at cooling as their tests indicate, it sounds like this would be ideal for me. I've been using a Noctua cooler with the quietest fans I could find for five years and planned to do the same for this new build. A big problem is finding one that clears the RAM on the motherboard.

gigabyter
02-14-2014, 02:02 AM
Which cooler and fan are you using?

Gigabyter, thanks for the tip about the CapTherm MP-1120. I follow PC components off and on, but had missed that one. If it is as good at cooling as their tests indicate, it sounds like this would be ideal for me. I've been using a Noctua cooler with the quietest fans I could find for five years and planned to do the same for this new build. A big problem is finding one that clears the RAM on the motherboard.

- wardog -
02-14-2014, 06:45 AM
OT

I usually don't pooh pooh a product before its release but preliminary cooling numbers generated by CapTherm themselves(:plthumbsd ? :thumbsup: ?) to date doesn't impress me. Their numbers, but with what fan were/are those numbers representative of?
Again, :plthumbsd or :thumbsup: ? Was it a Delta screamer or a more moderate 1000-1250RPM fan used in the below comparison between coolers?

Cooling a 1090T at 100% load to only 4degC below that of the venerable Corsair H80 doesn't work for me considering the rumored $200 - 250.00USD tag.

While the MP1120's cooling capacity/specs/pricing may change, at this point in time their design leaves us with releasing the transferred heat from the CPU right back into the case. That's a deal breaker for me. To rid the case of this heat will mean either higher RPM case fans or more case fans. Meaning more noise that I must listen to and or otherwise deal with.

Captherm Introduces The MP1120 Multiphase Cooling Solution at CES 2014 - Bright Side Of News* (http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news/2014/1/15/captherm-introduces-the-mp1120-multiphase-cooling-solution-at-ces-2014.aspx)

This pic is lifted from the above article:
http://www.brightsideofnews.com/Data/2014_1_15/Captherm-Introduces-Multiphase-Cooling-Solution-at-CES-2014/Performance.jpg

gigabyter
02-14-2014, 10:14 AM
Hadn't seen this particular article, thanks.

OT

I usually don't pooh pooh a product before its release but preliminary cooling numbers generated by CapTherm themselves(:plthumbsd ? :thumbsup: ?) to date doesn't impress me. Their numbers, but with what fan were/are those numbers representative of?
Again, :plthumbsd or :thumbsup: ? Was it a Delta screamer or a more moderate 1000-1250RPM fan used in the below comparison between coolers?

Cooling a 1090T at 100% load to only 4degC below that of the venerable Corsair H80 doesn't work for me considering the rumored $200 - 250.00USD tag.

While the MP1120's cooling capacity/specs/pricing may change, at this point in time their design leaves us with releasing the transferred heat from the CPU right back into the case. That's a deal breaker for me. To rid the case of this heat will mean either higher RPM case fans or more case fans. Meaning more noise that I must listen to and or otherwise deal with.

Captherm Introduces The MP1120 Multiphase Cooling Solution at CES 2014 - Bright Side Of News* (http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news/2014/1/15/captherm-introduces-the-mp1120-multiphase-cooling-solution-at-ces-2014.aspx)

This pic is lifted from the above article:
http://www.brightsideofnews.com/Data/2014_1_15/Captherm-Introduces-Multiphase-Cooling-Solution-at-CES-2014/Performance.jpg

Lian Li Tech
02-14-2014, 04:10 PM
Thanks so much! I assume the PSU rubberized rails are for noise control. I can think of an advantage with this PSU mounting orientation: No PSU bottom intake filter to clean! More questions:

(5) Can the "USB3.0 X4 / HD Audio" unit be repositioned to the bottom slot? I'd like to reposition the HDD cages to the top slots and put everything else in the bottom slots (USB3.0 X4 / HD Audio, optical drives, etc.).

(6) Is there any way to order a "replacement" solid (right side) panel?

(7) Is there sufficient clearance to apply sound dampening to the side panels?

Thanks again!

(5) Yes it can.

(6) Sorry, but only panels with windows are available.

(7) There's less than 1 cm of space.

gigabyter
02-18-2014, 11:08 AM
The Corsair Hydro Series H110 280 mm radiator uses 20 mm spacing instead of the 15 mm on more typical 240 mm radiators. The Kraken X60uses 15mm. Will the PC-D600 front left and rear right fan mounts accommodate either the H110 or the X60? I'm leaning towards the X60. Thanks!

Lian Li Tech
02-21-2014, 03:02 PM
The Corsair Hydro Series H110 280 mm radiator uses 20 mm spacing instead of the 15 mm on more typical 240 mm radiators. The Kraken X60uses 15mm. Will the PC-D600 front left and rear right fan mounts accommodate either the H110 or the X60? I'm leaning towards the X60. Thanks!

The PC-D600 like most of our newer cases uses the 15mm spacing. Therefore the Kraken X60 which you were leaning towards would be the most appropriate choice.

gigabyter
02-21-2014, 10:38 PM
Does the I/O port module have one or two USB 3.0 cables to connect to the motherboard? I'm trying to determine how many motherboard USB 3.0 headers I need to connect all four I/O port module USB 3.0 front-panel connections.

Are all the included case fans 3-pin?

Thanks!

Lian Li Tech
02-25-2014, 04:35 PM
Does the I/O port module have one or two USB 3.0 cables to connect to the motherboard? I'm trying to determine how many motherboard USB 3.0 headers I need to connect all four I/O port module USB 3.0 front-panel connections.

Are all the included case fans 3-pin?

Thanks!

Hi Gigabyter,

There are two cables for the 4 USB 3.0 ports.

The PC-D600 case fans are 3-pin. This is true for all our cases.

stabby
02-25-2014, 05:34 PM
Hi Gigabyter,

There are two cables for the 4 USB 3.0 ports.

The PC-D600 case fans are 3-pin. This is true for all our cases.

Does the PC-D600 support the corsair hydro series CPU coolers? Particularly the larger H100 and above models? Also how many radiator mount points are on the case? For example would I be able to have 3 H105's in the case?

Lian Li Tech
02-27-2014, 05:30 PM
Does the PC-D600 support the corsair hydro series CPU coolers? Particularly the larger H100 and above models? Also how many radiator mount points are on the case? For example would I be able to have 3 H105's in the case?

The H100 and H100i will fit in the compartment behind the motherboard tray in the rear as well as above the motherboard tray in the other section.

The H105 will also fit in the compartment behind the motherboard tray, but as I believe it is 63mm thick it is just shy of fitting above the motherboard tray. The maximum radiator thickness allowance is 62mm.

Technically, all three of these models will fit in the front of the chassis in the motherboard compartment, however there are only screw holes for 140mm fans here. It would be a much better option to go with a 280mm rad here rather than a 240mm.

Additionally, in the compartment behind the motherboard tray (where the HDD bays are) I would reccommend going with at least a 280mm rad instead of a 240mm, since the compartment is capable of accommodating it anyway.

zmn668
04-25-2014, 03:25 AM
Hello. I purchased my PC-D600 on 3/21/14 and have built a fairly high end liquid cooled system and love most everything about the case. THe problem I am having is with the plastic inserts that accept the pins to hold the side panel on. These have broken 3 times on me. I was broken out of the box but since the case included an extra I just chalked it up to bad luck. Since then, the spare has broken and the one next to it. I have tried to repair them with Crazy Glue but the next time I remove the panel they break again. My right side panel is now missing 2 inserts as I cannot repair them anymore. Please advise on how I should proceed to resolve this. I have by no means been rough with it and have been building fairly high end systems for years. I love the clen lines of the screwless design but these inserts seem very fragile. I have attached a picture of the part I am referring to. I did send a message through Lian Li's support website but no response thus far. Thanks!

Lian Li Tech
04-25-2014, 10:32 AM
Hello. I purchased my PC-D600 on 3/21/14 and have built a fairly high end liquid cooled system and love most everything about the case. THe problem I am having is with the plastic inserts that accept the pins to hold the side panel on. These have broken 3 times on me. I was broken out of the box but since the case included an extra I just chalked it up to bad luck. Since then, the spare has broken and the one next to it. I have tried to repair them with Crazy Glue but the next time I remove the panel they break again. My right side panel is now missing 2 inserts as I cannot repair them anymore. Please advise on how I should proceed to resolve this. I have by no means been rough with it and have been building fairly high end systems for years. I love the clen lines of the screwless design but these inserts seem very fragile. I have attached a picture of the part I am referring to. I did send a message through Lian Li's support website but no response thus far. Thanks!

Hi zmn668,

I apologize for the inconvenience of the clips. Could you PM me the date of when you submitted the request through the webforum, along with other details like your submission?

Also, please feel free to share pics of your build. Would love to see. :)

zmn668
04-25-2014, 10:38 AM
Hi zmn668,

I apologize for the inconvenience of the clips. Could you PM me the date of when you submitted the request through the webforum, along with other details like your submission?

Also, please feel free to share pics of your build. Would love to see. :)

Within the last hour I received an email from tech support and they are sending me some inserts from Taiwan.. I appreciate your quick reply. I'll post a couple pics soon

zmn668
04-25-2014, 09:21 PM
A few night time shots of my build. Second GTX 780 will be added for SLI as soon as the waterblock arrives. Build as follows:

Intel i7 3770K 3.5 GHZ quad core with hyperthreading CPU with XSPC Raystorm waterblock
Asus Republic of Gamers Maximus V Formula motherboard with EK waterblock
8GB (2x4GB) G-skill TridentX DDR3 2400Mhz memory (9-11-11-31)
MSI GTX 780 3GB GDDR5 memory with XSPC Razor waterblock (soon to be x 2 in SLI)
Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD
Lian-Li PC-D600 full tower all aluminum case
Alphacool ST30 240mm all copper radiator
Alphacool ST30 360mm all copper radiator
Alphacool ST30 420mm all copper radiator
Monsoon Bay Reservoir V2 with D5 pump
Seasonic X-series 750W Gold rated power supply
NZXT Sentry Mix2 fan controller
NZXT white LED lighting
8 Corsair AF120 LED fans and 3 Corsair AF140 LED fans
Black XSPC 7/15 x 5/8 tubing with various XSPC black chrome fittings and Bitspower Black Sparkle drain valve
Silverstone red braided power cable extension
Shakmods red braided front panel connection extensions

zmn668
04-25-2014, 09:23 PM
And a look through the side window

Lian Li Tech
04-28-2014, 10:20 AM
And a look through the side window

Loving the red and black combo! When is your second 780 coming in?

zmn668
04-28-2014, 06:26 PM
Thanks. I have the 780 but the xspc Razor block is in short supply in the States. I found one and if should arrive late this week of early next week.

zmn668
05-07-2014, 09:02 AM
Thanks. I have the 780 but the xspc Razor block is in short supply in the States. I found one and if should arrive late this week of early next week.

Anyone else have any issues with front panel rattling? Seems if I press in the center where the support is between the 3 front fans and the bays it flexes inward against the support and the rattle stops but it pops back out when I let go and rattles again. Wish they had added some kind of clip there to hold it. I tried adding Velcro but that is too thick causing it to bow out then. Thanks.

zmn668
05-12-2014, 05:22 AM
GTX 780 SLI goodness...

nicow
08-17-2016, 01:36 PM
Hello,

does the PC-D600 support the corsair hydro series H115i 280 mm behind the motherboard tray (where the HDD bays are)?

Lian Li Tech
08-18-2016, 05:36 PM
Sure -- you should be able to mount it on the back panel of the HDD bay compartment.

TheTexasR.A.T.
09-24-2017, 01:23 PM
Hi Burnt Orange - Longhorns fan I'm guessing?

2) I'm afraid the window panel is the only panel available for now.

Can not one get another right side panel and use it on the left side? The clips look to be in the same locations.

Anyway one could paint the clear acrylic panel and then place the sound proofing inside. But do you think with so much openings on the back, front, and top that side sound proofing will really do much? I had thought about doing such myself but am thinking the noise of the fans coming out the front and back as well as the top will be where the most noise will be coming from to start with whereby side panel sound proofing may not help much at all. But if you do it please let us know if it helps any.

Burnt Orange
01-15-2019, 07:31 AM
This question is for the Lian-Li representative. The D600 seems to be no longer available. Any idea if the D600 will become available again? It is still on the Lian-Li website. Thanks.

killer_dkx
02-12-2019, 11:08 PM
what Alphacool Eisbaer AIO will fit in this case ?

I have look at the Alphacool Eisbaer 360 Alphacool Eisbaer 360 CPU - Black | Eisbaer | Sets & Systeme | Shop | Alphacool - the cooling company (https://www.alphacool.com/shop/sets-systems/eisbaer/23150/alphacool-eisbaer-360-cpu-black)

Alphacool Eisbaer 420 Alphacool Eisbaer 420 CPU - Black | -- NEUE PRODUKTE -- | Shop | Alphacool - the cooling company (https://www.alphacool.com/shop/new-products/21588/alphacool-eisbaer-420-cpu-black)

and Alphacool Eisbaer Extreme Alphacool Eisbaer Extreme | Alphacool - the cooling company (https://www.alphacool.com/eisbaer-extreme-280-black-edition-cpu-aio)